Ok, so I might have 5 minutes, but no guarantees. See, I am temporarily the mother of 3. Uhg. A 6 month old, an 18-month old and a 2 year old. Yesterday I called Ben and left him a voice message telling him we are never having another child. I guess his friends and he thought that was pretty funny, and he was hesitant to come home last night. He did come home, however, and let me put my feet up and made me a giant strawberry shake for dinner. And he fed Kennady and himself. Did I mention the 2 year-old boy is currently potty training and apparently doesn't want to tell me when he needs to use the potty? Last night during my late night grocery store shopping sans Kennady I stocked up on the good snacks, and so far it has made today a little easier.
That's another story. Kennady and I tried to go to the grocery store in Idaho Falls before we went home yesterday. She refused to sit in the cart, so she was walking beside me. I was picking up a store ad and Kennady runs up behind the ad stand and starts looking out the glass, and at the same time someone comes into the store, causing the automatic door to open, which apparently her hand was in the way of. Much screaming ensued, and every employee in the front half of the store came to help us. I didn't even know it was possible to get your hand stuck in an automatic sliding door. She has a little bruise and scratch, but no permanent damage (maybe a little traumatized, or at least I am). I'm pretty sure the manager thought we were going to try to sue the pants off of them. I am considering getting a leash for my kid.
Mom says I should put a recipe up. Almost stuffed peppers. When we were living in Mom's basement, I cooked dinner a lot for the family. She said that she hates bell peppers. So I made her try them, and now she loves them. So here goes my recipe from memory. I reserve the right to make changes later, and if you make it before then, I am not responsible for any dinner disasters.
Almost stuffed peppers
3 bell peppers, different colors (if you are lucky enough to find frozen precut peppers, use a bag of those, so much easier), diced
1 medium onion, diced
1 can diced tomatoes
2 tsp Italian seasoning
1 lbs ground hamburger, browned and drained
1/2 tsp Pepper
1 1/2 tsp Salt
Instant rice, uncooked
1. Fill a large pot with peppers, onion, tomatoes (undrained), Italian seasoning, salt and pepper, and a couple cups of water. Bring to a boil, then simmer until veggies are tender.
2. Take off heat, throw in 2-3 cups rice and cover. Let stand 5 minutes until rice is done. Add hamburger.
3. I like to mix in a little cheese and Ben likes to top with sour cream. Yum!
1 comment:
The recipe for Almost Stuffed Peppers looks delish, and your Kennady is darling! Thanks for sharing your blog. Mine is gocaryn.blogspot.com
Post a Comment