Today I made 5 dollars. Gross income. Net income, well, I probably just barely broke even. Someone bought 2 dozen oatmeal raisin cookies! And while I don't think my on-the-side bakery business is going to make me a millionaire anytime soon, it was very fulfilling. Someone paid money to buy cookies that I made. And I actually enjoyed doing it. Now that's my idea of a job. I love making cookies and I can do it without ever leaving my home.
And for the rest of today's events. Kennady awoke at 4:45 this morning. And she was wide awake and hungry. She ate a good dinner last night! For the first little while we just let her wander around the apartment in the dark. We are awesome parents, I know. Don't worry, our apartment never really gets too dark because there are street lights and lots of snow outside all our windows. After a while of that she got bored. We found that she'll watch t.v. that early, so we plopped her in front of the set with a bowl of Kix. Around that time Ben got up to study anyways, so I went back to bed until he had to leave for class (think around 1 hour of sleep). Around 8:45 Kennady was super tired and wanted a nap. I put her and me down for a nap. The first two boys I babysit showed up a little after 9. So I was up. Screaming ensued and Kennady was awoken prematurely. Around 9:45 the other two boys showed up. There were several meltdowns. I, luckily, was not one of them. They all left between 11:30 and 12:00.
Tonight I told Kennady if she would sleep until at least 7 then I would make sure she got more than coal in her stocking.
1 comment:
Now that reminds me of saying I once heard. I think it gose something like this "eat your veggies or they will eat you" lol
Post a Comment