For those of you who didn't read my last post, please scroll down and read it. Or you may be shunned. Seriously. Not because I don't like you, but just because I don't have your e-mail address. Or because I don't know you read my blog.
Ok, so by the end of this week I will probably be entirely exhausted. By my own fault. I've been having too much fun. First there was our trip to St. Louis. Awesome fun. A lot of driving and a stupid cold. Then, we decided to go to Nauvoo last weekend, because Ben had the time off of work and we've been wanting to go up there. 7 1/2 hours of driving up there with Kennady in the car. Luckily (and not so luckily) she had a cold (yes, she caught it from giving me kisses) and so she slept a majority of the time up there. It probably helped that we left at 4 o'clock in the morning.
Then the best part, we got to see Dan! He'd never met Kennady before and I think he was most excited to see her. She wasn't as excited at first, but he quickly grew on her and by the end of lunch she let him hold her for a picture. Nevermind that in the next picture she is screaming. I had to clear her nose of snot. It was fun to see him for a little bit.
Then we drove to Nauvoo, which was an hour and a half away. I kinda thought it was closer than that. Mile wise I suppose it should be, but then I forgot we were in Iowa. First we set up our tent and then we still had time left to go do a few things. The brickyard and the blacksmith shop. The ones that give you free souvenirs. Then we went to find dinner. Um. Did you know there is only one place to eat in Nauvoo open past 5:30? And did you know it's a buffet and $15 a person? So we drove a 1/2 hour to the nearest town and went to pizza hut. Yummy. Then back to camp to get everything organized before dark. Oops. Too late, we had to do it in the dark. Then to sleep. Hah. Kennady was so congested that she just didn't want to sleep. And it didn't help that we could hear the pagent and then all the people coming back from the pagent and setting up their tents in the dark. It was a pretty long night (or short, depends on how you look at it). Then up at the crack of dawn. Then to church and then to the gunsmith shop. I'm pretty sure Ben thought this was the coolest part of our whole trip. Then back in the car for 6 1/2 hours.
Ok, I'm making our trip sound not fun, but it was, I'm just trying to get across the point that I am tired. And Kennady wakes up in the middle of the night and it takes us more than an hour to get her back to sleep.
And tomorrow I go to girls' camp for the rest of the week. So I think I am going to need a nap. And then I want to go do something fun. I've realized that the summer is sleeping away from us and I want to soak up every last drop of sunshine before we go back to Idaho and it's cold.
Well, I was going to put pictures in this post. But I'd like to get to bed before 10:30. Yes, I know, I am old, or boring, or whatever. I'm a mom. Getting 8 hours of consecutive sleep when you are a mom is like going to a sweet party that lasts until 3 in the morning when you are single. That's probably not even a good enough comparison. It's better. Like if I could choose between winning the lottery and being guaranteed 8 hours of sleep per night for the rest of my life, I would choose the latter.
No comments:
Post a Comment