Sunday, August 9, 2009

3 Days Without Hubby and Baby

Well, what can I say? It was bliss. Just kidding, I promise. I really missed them and was so happy to come back on Saturday. Camp was great, all things considered. The girls were awesome, and I'm pretty sure they are the only reason that the leaders do any of it. Leave it to us to pick the hottest week of the year to go camping. Ugg. We were up at Camp Finbrooke, which probably means nothing to everyone reading. But I went to Girl Scout camp there when I was about 10 years old. The nice thing about the camp is the air conditioned mess hall and the large sparkling pool. The bad thing was that we were in the farthest campsite from main camp, which was about a mile and a half away. Luckily, we didn't spend a lot of time going back and forth, but it was sure a hard way to get breakfast. I didn't mind that we had groddy toilets and showers- that's what shoes are for. I did mind that I had to wear shoes and socks all week. It was the rule, and as a leader I felt I needed to follow the rules (as a girl I probably would have had other ideas). Somehow, I still managed to get poison ivy on my foot, which made wearing socks and shoes even worse. My guess is I got the poison ivy a few days before camp. I loved life guarding at the pool. It was the best job ever. I think it's my new dream job. I get to sit in the sun and get a tan all day and occasionally jump in the pool. I had fun working in the kitchen, although I came close to slicing off one of my fingers while cutting tomatoes. The girls were great and caused no problems. The leaders, well that might be a different story. Let's just say there were too many type A personalities in one place, all trying to be in charge of everything. I didn't get much sleep and by Saturday I was ready to come home, but I had a lot of fun. It really made me appreciate a few things: a nearby toilet, a plush rug outside the shower (therefore not requiring me to wear shoes in the shower), air conditioning, a comfortable bed, an adorable baby to make me smile whenever I start to feel a little grouchy, and a wonderful husband to rub my feet when I've had a long day.

Ben says to make sure you read his post below. How dare I post on the same day as him. And, in response to him trying to out do me: Please, go ahead. If you can get more accomplished while watching Kennady it will only make things easier for me. If you feel the need to make it a competition just remember that I was pregnant for nine months and then gave birth to the child. And I make a pretty fierce dinner every once in a while. Just don't tell me about your $125 speeding ticket before I get a shower, lunch and a nap.

No comments: