Sometimes I am seriously dazed and confused by all the things going on around me. Yesterday I heard someone refer to anyone who stays married to one person all their life as a "serial monogamist." Granted, it was on a ridiculous t.v. show, but still, that sounds terrible. I have always thought that getting married and having kids was normal. Maybe I have been misinformed my entire life.
Then today as I was browsing for apartments, I came across one very reasonably priced and shot them an e-mail asking for pictures and more details. I got a pretty swift reply, and it looked pretty good. And then there was the last line, "We do not allow pets or kids." What? Sounded fishy to me. Yup, sure enough, it's entirely illegal. Discrimination against familial status. Maybe I should have continued on my path to law school. I don't think I would ever sue them, because it's just not worth it. But I did send an e-mail letting them know that it is illegal to refuse to rent to people with kids, and they might want to change their policy.
Good news for us though, we got a call from the University's housing and they have a spot open for fall. It's great because it includes all utilities for $585, has a playground, a giant pantry, two closets in the master bedroom and built in shelving. And we were able to dissolve our contract with our other apartment, so we'll save a little money. And we get our rent locked in so we don't have to start paying $100 more each month this winter. Yes, that's a huge jump in rent. Perhaps we can thank rising utility costs, thank you for your stupid Cap and Trade bill Mr. Obama and friends. I'm glad we can save the polar bears from certain doom. If global warming continues as it's been projected though, we won't need to worry about paying the heating bill though, because winters in Rexburg will be a balmy 60 degrees.
I've been told recently that it's nearly impossible to tell when I am being serious and when I am only joking. Maybe that's why people laugh at me when I'm not trying to be funny and then look horribly offended when I was only kidding. I think I need to work on my facial expressions or something. I suppose that won't help readers of my blog. Maybe I'll start writing with emoticons. I'll just put a wink after any sentence that is not to be taken seriously ;) I'll let you guess if I meant that one.
1 comment:
We lived at University Village and we loved it. The student wards are awesome! Your going to a good place!
Post a Comment