Sunday, August 9, 2009

3 days without Wife and Mom

Well, I guess that's only 3 nights, but it was enough to see how much we miss her! Kortney left on Wednesday to help put at the ward girls' camp. If the weather there was anything like here, and Kortney says it was, it was hot and very very humid. She was camping with the 4th years and I don;t know if that means she got the easy crowd or the trouble group, but some comments from other leaders make her sound like a hero. She came back with what looks like poison ivy, a few bug bites, and a pink sunburn. Kennday had been asking for Mama the whole time, and she was excited to finally get to drool on mommy again. I am glad the have my wife back too! Seeing her after 3 nights alone with the monkey might have made her look even more attractive than normal.
I decided from the start that I was going to one-up Kortney; I was going to prove that I could get more things done while watching Kennady than she could. With my diaper bag and arrogant head full, we took off thursday morning to get the highest number of tasks checked off. We set up automatic deposit at Old Navy and Walgreens, and went to deposit checks at the bank downtown. I was feeling accomplished, and little wealthier. But, Korntey had remarked before she left that I might not get to replace the car wiper blades like I had planned, so I was going to slay that presmuption like a real super-dad. So after Kennady put up with my picking out wiper blades, she decided after we got in the car that we had ran one too many errands. I drove with one hand in her carseat weaving between the stupid tourists on the way home - through workzone with a lowered speed limit. I saw the cop just as he began his u-turn from the far lane to come after me. I felt stupid, the officer threw the book at me and I left feeling poor and incapable. That pride circle didn't last long! The worst part of getting a ticket was telling Kortney about it, but paying one stinks too.

2 comments:

Rob & Kristi Nelson said...

Go Supper dad Go! Well it sounds like getting tickets runs in the family, you should ask Rob about it sometime. I am impressed how much you were able to get done with the baby. It's hard to accomplish much on the short time table that the babies give you. But never give up because as they get older it get better in some ways and hard in others.

Nelson Family said...

P.S. I love you! You really are Super Dad and hubby too! ~the wifey