Sunday, June 21, 2009

One Day Trip

Friday, thanks to the help of Mica and Mom, Ben and I got a day away, without having to tote the child and her entourage. We drove to St. Louis, albeit not as early as we had originally planned due to the fact that Ben didn't get home from work until almost midnight and we also got hung up at the slowest McDonald's ever in Marshfield, so we missed the session we were aiming for. It really turned out great though, because we got to spend even more time at the temple, which was so nice because it feels like we never get to go, because it's a four hour drive, which means a long day at a babysitter's for Kennady. We had tons of other plans for the day- go to the arch, go to the science center, go to the Cheesecake Factory, go to Six Flags Hurricane Harbor- but it was so late when we got out and we were both so tired (not much sleep + lots of driving) that we whimped out of most of our plans. However, neither of us regrets it, because we had a lot of fun and didn't have to drive all the way across town and back in the crazy traffic. We did go to the Cheesecake Factory, which I would have regretted not doing, because it was fantastic. I'd never been before, but it's the best cheesecake I've ever had. In fact, we had them bring out the cheesecake before our dinner, and we loved having dessert first. I need to make cheesecake like that, then I will be the most popular person ever, at least with myself, and others who love cheesecake as much as I do. After that we walked around the mall and then went to Night at the Museum, in an overpriced theater with no student discounts and matinees only before 4:00. And then we drove home. We loved our day away.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We went to the Cheesecake Factory in Boise. It was a day that we had to waste a ton of time. We seriously sat around and ate outside on the patio for like 2 hours. I have fond memories. The cheesecake is seriously to die for there too. I agree if you made cheesecake like that you would be the most popular person!hehe!

The Ballard Family said...

Good for you! I'm glad you got to have a day where you were husband and wife and not just mommy and daddy. :) Those days can be few and far between!
I just went to Cheesecake Factory this last week! Oh so yum! I didn't even eat cheesecake this time though...it feels a bit like apostasy. But, I had an amazing chicken avocado club. If you go back, try. Yum.
And now I want cheesecake.

Devon said...

go to my post for cute baby pictures!!!