Thursday, June 11, 2009

Kennady's First Ride

Ben and I took Kennady to Silver Dollar City on Wednesday. I was very surprised that there were any rides that Kennady could go on, even though I remember when Fire in the Hole used to have car seats. But we were able to ride the Great American Shootout. Kennady might have thought it was great fun, but she was exhausted and just wanted to go to sleep. We discovered SDC isn't quite as fun with an 8 month old. And crazy old ladies kept attacking us trying to touch Kennady, proclaiming things like "Oh how sweet", "Did you buy that here?" and "Can I take her home." Yikes. I don't know what it is about babies that makes everyone think they can invade personal space. My baby is a person too. I'm gonna go MC Hammer and make Kennady a shirt that says Can't Touch This. Or maybe I'll just start touching them and see how they like it. Eww. Gross.

Anyways, so this morning I was a taking a shower and I turned my neck and heard a pop and then excruciating pain. I am hoping it gets better with ice and that Kennady stays asleep for a long time because I am not a very good playmate today. If any doctors happen to read my blog please tell me how to fix it. It's a pain to be unable to turn my head to the left. I think this ruins our plans to go ride roller coasters anytime soon. Lame.

2 comments:

kaleen said...

Sounds like a pretty cool place! Yikes, sorry about your neck- I hope it'll get better soon! Neck pain is no fun.
Take care!

Jeff said...

MC Hammer shirt might just exacerbate the problem. That's odd to me that someone you don't even know would just come up to you like. Now, I appreciate the hospitality symbolic of a small town where people offer the courtesy of a "hello" when they pass your way. However, that's creepy. Okay, maybe I could understand if there was another point of connection between the parents and the strangers and then it moved to the baby. Any hoot...

So the verification word for me today is "doric" In other words you can't say "dorc" unless "I" am included