Today Kennady is 1 month old! How time flies when you are sleep deprived. She gives us intermittent smiles and makes all sorts of funny squeaky noises (we call her squeakers sometimes). We took her to church on Sunday for the first time (well I guess we took her to sacrament meeting when we blessed her last week). It was a little tricky, because we have sacrament meeting last, and church starts at 9 am. And this week Ben had a meeting before church, so I was on my own. Kennady was cooperative and slept so I could get ready. I also made sure to take a bottle so we could make it through all 3 meetings. Ben took her the first hour to priesthood. When I met up with him again in Sunday school I discovered she'd already eaten half of the bottle. What a little chow. She then ate the second half during opening song and went peacefully off to sleep. At exactly 12:00, Kennady woke up and said that church was over, even though the speaker wasn't quite finished. But we made it! I'll put some pictures of her in her dress on here soon- Ben borrowed the camera and the card reader to take pictures of brains today.
Yesterday we took her to the doctor for a pedicure. Poor girl was born with ingrown toenails. You should have heard her scream!! She's got a set of lungs, that's for sure. She weighs 7 lbs. 13 oz! She's growing fast. I still can't even imagine having an 8 lbs. baby to begin with. I don't think I am that brave. We also got some medication to help clear up her poor skin, hopefully it will work. The doctor gave us the go ahead to let her sleep as long as she would like- now that she'll only sleep 4 hours at a time. He even suggested that we could start putting a little rice cereal in a bottle before bed and she would sleep longer. Hmmm, tempting, but I think I'll hold off a little longer.
Once again, I have an addiction. This one's not new, I've just relapsed. I'm addicted to books. Last post I mentioned I'd finished the first Twilight book in one day, because Kennady was so hungry I had nothing else to do. Our big date night Friday was to go to Idaho Falls and go to Sam's Club. While there, I convinced Ben to buy the second book for me, since Mom bought the last copy from our WalMart and all the copies at both libraries were checked out until after Thanksgiving. I finished that book by Saturday night, and there were plenty of other things I could have been doing while Kennady slept. Then I needed the third book. Ben said we couldn't buy it, because I read them too fast (how is that fair?). I thought about promising to read more slowly, or to read it more than once, but I knew I wouldn't be able to keep that promise. Yesterday Ben went and checked the third one out from the library before he went to work. By the time he got home I was halfway through the book. Granted, Kennady only let me set her down for a half hour or so (which I used to eat some food), so I didn't have to feel as guilty. Today I am trying to be good, so I did the dishes and laundry and now I posting, just for some variety.
Here's what I should be doing: taking a shower, making a grocery list, folding the clothes that have been sitting in the dryer for 3 or 4 days, putting away the clothes I folded like a week ago, sorting through all of my clothes that have been packed in boxes for the last 9 months (I started this yesterday and discovered there's a 15 minute limit before I become terribly depressed), cleaning the living room, de-mildewing the shower curtain, making lunch, or cleaning our bedroom. In about 15 minutes I'll find the motivation to do some of these things. In about 20 minutes Kennady will wake up very hungry.
3 comments:
Kortney you don't know me. My husband and I know Ben.
I came across your blog from Lila's Blog.
I just wanted to say congrats on the baby, She is very cute!
I am also addicted to the Twilight Series. I read the first book in 2 days.
I can so relate! Well, not to the book, I haven't read those yet, but they're on my list! Sometimes laundry and shower curtains just aren't very high on the priority list when you've got a demanding little one. Good job taking time out for yourself!
I LOVE Twilight! Make sure he lets you watch the movie on Friday or Saturday! :) It is going to be exciting. I also read them superfast and I love owning the books so you can revisit with friends! Even if their fictional, haha :)
Post a Comment