Wednesday, November 19, 2008

A Poopy Day



Here are the pictures from Sunday, isn't her little dress cute? Thanks Mom Nelson for your yard sale find!This one is from a week ago when the whole family went to Applebee's. And this isn't even everyone.

Now on to the rest of the post. I am not responsible for typing errors, I only have one hand and taking the time to use the backspace key is inconceivable. Maybe I should just call it live blogging.

The hot water heater is in cahoots with the toaster. They've teamed up their evil forces against me trying to make me grouchy. It's working. For me there's pretty much one difference between a good day and a bad day- a hot shower. I don't mean tepid, I mean hot- just below scalding. For some reason when I take showers (not anyone else, just me) the temperature will not get up there. The bathroom mirror won't even fog (I love a good sauna after the shower). I just sit there and wait for it to get hot, and it never does.

Today's been a rather poopy day. No hot shower. And lots of poop. By noon she'd had 3 blowouts. I guess that means more laundry for me. I'm discovering white onesies are the way to go, because they can be bleached.

Yesterday, however, was a good day. Somehow the first thing I can really remember it was almost 6 pm and Ben started making dinner- scalloped potatoes and Italian chicken. For those of you whose husbands either can't or won't cook, I'm sorry, because it's one of the best things ever. And then he watched Kennady, while doing his research paper, and told me to go to the store. I took advantage of the situation and thoroughly enjoyed my outing without a diaper bag, carseat (which I swear weighs more than my baby), or screaming child. I stopped at Maurices and hit the clearance rack and found two cute shirts that fit me! And then on to WalMart, and I bought a pair of jeans, that fit me! I was a little worried that the jean shopping might be depressing, but I figured it couldn't be worse than still having to wear my maternity pants. The damage wasn't too bad, I could squeeze into one size larger than I wore before I was pregnant, but decided to go two sizes up so I could breathe. Soon I can start exercising (that doesn't necessarily mean that I will), but I have a feeling that may not fix the extra girth on my hips. At least she's cute.

6 comments:

Joel & Lila said...

Welcome to the joys of motherhood! Although, I have to say, three blowouts in a day could make me bumming too...Calvin has only had two blowouts ever (knock on wood) and they were each on a different day. He is a pretty regular once a day pooper, but he gets messy through spit up...maybe the difference from a formula fed vrs breast fed baby...don't know.

I find it fascinating how now I crave to go to the store alone...before we had Calvin I always wanted Joel to go grocery shopping or clothes shopping with me because I hated being alone...now, I cherish every chance i can get to go grocery shopping alone! It is like a day at the spa almost! LOL

Well, she is getting cutter by the day....maybe Calvin and her should become pen pals and try to make something happen....hahaha I should avoid setting him up early because then he might get some not so bright ideas in the future.

Anyway, thanks for the updates! TTYL

Joel & Lila said...

just wanted to say that i had to change a blowout....caused by pooping while in the jump-up....ugh

Anonymous said...

Yeah the whole no clothes thing. I am having that problem too. If I could lose another twenty pounds I could have a whole new wardrobe. She's looks super sweet with her church dress on.

Devon said...

What goes around comes around- even if it takes 20+ years! :)Love you!!!

Anonymous said...

Willem's hats were made by my dad's secretary in Missouri. She's awesome huh. She took a newborn hat and made it smaller.

Jeff said...

Blowouts you say? Hmm, I remember Jonathan's blow outs, but thankfully that was far enough in the past that I do not REALLY remember. It's great hearing about you little family. Thanks for posting.