Monday, November 10, 2008

Blessing Day

This last Sunday Ben got to bless Kennady. It was wonderful and I am very proud of my husband and daughter. We had tons of family and friends show up and Kennady felt very loved. I would say she is getting pretty spoiled.

Dad Ellis came last Wednesday and got to spend a few days meeting his new granddaughter. Friday we went to Big Jud's and ate giant hamburgers. Well, we shared giant hamburgers and Ben at 3/4 of ours (that's 3/4 lbs of hamburger). I am sure he could have tackled the whole thing. That night Rob, Kristi and Russell came- Russell has grown so much! I can't believe my baby will be that big in 5 short months. The whole Nelson clan (minus Dan who's just arrived in Iowa on his mission) came that night too, although we didn't get to see them until the next morning. Saturday we all had lunch together and then everyone went for a swim. Well, Kennady and I took a much needed nap. We then celebrated my birthday with chili and cake! And then everyone took off to the ice caves. I stayed with Mom, Dad, Kendra and Nathan and we all watched Kennady make goofy faces. Sunday we blessed Kennady- she was so pretty in her dress. She didn't poop or spit up all over the dress, so it was a success. She didn't really cooperate for pictures, I don't think she was a fan of all the lace around her face. She was very well behaved at church, so maybe there is hope for us. Then we did the traditional Nelson lunch- grilled cheese sandwiches (ketchup dipping optional). We had 23 people and 2 babies in our apartment. Talk about standing room only. Luckily Kendra got me a fantastic griddle for my birthday so we were able to feed everyone in a timely manner. We had nearly as many people for dinner. Mom Ellis did all the cooking.

And then, today, everyone left. It's just me, Ben and baby. And, boy, do we miss Grandma. I did get a 15 minute nap, and I'm updating my blog, and I haven't cried, so I think we are doing ok. We discovered 2 nights ago that Kennady sleeps very well in her carseat (which hooks into a swing) all night long, so we've been getting a fair amount of sleep. I had to wake her up again to feed her last night. I dare say I have the perfect baby. She does smell a little funny though. Ben's had a crazy hectic day with 2 tests, homework he neglected over the busy weekend, and 7 hours of work. I think we saw each other for 15 minutes, and that was including feeding and changing the baby. But tomorrow he'll have a little more time and we'll get to test out this new family thing. Maybe even Ben will get a nap.

4 comments:

Kim and Zak said...

Congrats on your new baby! She's beautiful! Your Mom tells me all about how you are doing, so even though we have only met once, it seems like I know you! :) Your writing is hilarious, and you are a cute family! :)

Devon said...

I miss you too!!!!

Anonymous said...

What a cute family you make!!! Such a sweet day and a sweet baby. Hope everything is going well since your mom has left.

Jeff said...

Sorry I have been bad about posting. I do keep tabs on your blog though. Thank you so much for keeping it updated. You definitely have a lot going on and it sounds like a lot of fun.

Still wishing you the best.

P.S. speaking of feeding lots of people, my verification word is "cooker"