Last weekend Ben took me down to the beach for date night. Unfortunately, it was cold and I didn't have a hat, so our walk didn't last very long. But we got a few pictures. Ben got called into work on Saturday, but he got off at 2, so we still had time to go to Soldotna. We went to Fred Meyer and spent money! Yea! That's where the Easter Bunny got our candy too. I also made our first baby purchase, a really cute little onesie/sleeper/bib set with giraffes on it. I think it would work for a boy or a girl, although it is a little more on the boy side. I figure if we have a girl she can wear a bow in her hair and it will work. I have had a little more energy and have good days and bad days, although still not really sick. I've found that potato chips curb nauseousness for me pretty quickly, but I need to find a healthier alternative I think. I think Wheat Thins might be the answer. I am losing my aversion to sweet foods, I am blaming it on the Easter Bunny, he brought me a bag of peanut butter M&Ms. For Easter we were invited to the Carlson's (the doctor Ben works for) family dinner. It was a lot of fun and a lot of good food. We made deviled eggs, and they were a hit!This week I decided to make Ben feijoada, one of his favorite dishes from his mission. It consists of black beans and various parts of pig. Well, I had a little mishap while trying to cook the meat and burnt my fingers. They immediately started blistering up, and so after running them in some very cold water I called my talented medical assistant husband for his advice. He came home about 10 minutes later, slathered it with lidocaine, and took me into the clinic. There the doctor slathered it with some burn cream stuff and then Ben bandaged it up. I had two giant white puffy fingers. It looked rather ridiculous. I am sorry to say that I didn't get a picture. And because of Ben's attentiveness, I hardly even have a blister to show. It's kinda pathetic. Although it did get me out of doing the dishes for a few days.
We have our first doctor appointment tomorrow, so we should get an official due date for this kid. I am sure they will change it again later, but it's a good starting point. The appointment is at 8:30, we have to be there 15 minutes early and it takes 25 to drive there. I think I will need multiple naps.
Kenai is looking pretty ugly right now. It is "breakup", which is as depressing as it sounds. It's the time of the year that all the snow melts, revealing all the trash and petrified poop that has been gathering all winter. It smells and is dirty. I whined about it all the way to the store when Ben made me walk there the other day, because the sun was shining and he wanted to get outside. I will be happy when all of the snow is gone and things start to turn green. We do have a lot of sunlight- it comes up around 6:30 and sets around 9:00, and we are gaining everyday. Soon we will have to find a way to cover up our bedroom window if I want to get any sleep.
And hey, what is with everyone thinking we are having a girl?
Kortney is having the best pregnancy cravings - feijoada! Maybe she was just spoiling her caveman a bit. She also got me a book with a hint: The caveman's pregnancy companion. It's a funny read. Check out my cool photography! Most of it is one handed, the other hand was in my warm pocket. Thanks to everyone who has sent us goodies! We got some nice kitchenware from Linda Sharp, (Potholders! No more nasty black towel! Maybe no more burned fingers!!! :)
3 comments:
Is this the picture you were talking about? I like it.
I am excited about getting out and doing a shoot. Then I can have you coach me in Photoshop.
I would have voted for boy if I knew everyone else said boy- I love your pictures. It's funny how the pictures look so good but it is really freezing cold.
I love date night.
Hey I also love baby things and baby shopping
Post a Comment