So I am home, and waiting for Ben to get off work. Mondays always seem to be the latest. I am no longer bored with being at home. I am doing well if I can keep my eyes open for more than a few hours in a row. I don't sleep very well, and I hear it won't get any better for the next 20 years. I am sore and tired and probably pretty grouchy, but I try to keep that to a minimum. I haven't been really sick yet, just a little nauseous for the better part of the day. I am thankful for that.
Ben is a wonderful husband. The other night I really wanted tacos, so we made a special late-night trip to the Green Burrito. He also took some meat back to the store for me, because I insisted that it wasn't good even though I just bought it. And he got me Sprite when I felt really sick last night. And he rubs my feet and back (which is killing me). I am truly spoiled.
Mom Nelson sent Ben a birthday package, along with some really cute little baby booties. Awww. Mom Ellis said she is sending a St. Patrick's Day/Easter package tomorrow with maternity clothes in it. I don't know how I feel about those yet, although I know I will love them when I can't fit into my normal clothes.
Today I won some cheese, as Ben puts it. We got started on WIC today, which means not-so-ghastly grocery bills. We all know how good free food is! They also pricked my finger (ouch!) but I got a Spiderman band-aid. I'm not anemic, but was dehydrated (I know this will cause much lecturing for me). This little guy is thirsty! I've gained 3 lbs, so I'm right on target.
We are both getting really excited to have a baby. It sinks in more and more all the time. We have been trying to think of names. I like Bruce Wayne. Ben vetoes. We both like Brighton Elijah for a boy. (Nobody better steal my boy name if we have a girl.) And we can't agree on any girl names that we both love. Everyone should vote on whether we are having a boy or girl. It's on the right side right under our picture. Not that your vote counts, but it'll be fun.
Sorry, no pictures this time. I have to wait for Ben to get home to get a picture of him in his new soccer jersey.
1 comment:
Hi Kortney!(I noticed your blog address on your facebook) Congratulations on the little one! How exciting. I hope all is going well for you guys.
Take care!
Post a Comment