Wow, I've had a ton of people sign up for the weight loss challenge. 19 so far. That puts the pot at nearly $400 (split two ways). So, if you are still thinking about it, you definitely should join us. I mean that's a 1 in 19 chance of ten timesing your money (ok, there's got to be a better way to say that), in case you're the gambling type. I doubt I'll win, but I'm pretty excited to lose some weight, and you never know, maybe I'll get serious. Like crazy nerts playing serious.
In other news, Korban has croup. :( Sad. He's getting a lot better, thanks to some medication from the drs, and he's sleeping OKish at night. He is super whiny though. So is Kennady, but she's not sick. I think she doesn't like losing so much attention to a sick brother. I've not been feeling so great myself, so our house looks a little like it exploded.
Last week we got to enjoy having a car four days in a row. The first day I forgot I had the car until Korban was down for his nap in the afternoon. Oops. The second day we got to hang out at Mindy's house. The third day we went to the zoo. The weather was wonderful. Actually, it got up to 80, and I had the kids dressed in long sleeve shirts. We all loved spending the day outside and seeing all the animals. I have some pictures...but not right now. Korban started getting cranky a little before Ben showed up, and I figured it was because he'd missed his nap for the day. We left and went to dinner, and Korban didn't seem to be feeling well. We got him a milkshake for dinner, because it's the only thing I knew he would eat, but he really didn't even want that. By the time we left, he was really cranky, and by the time we got home he was running a pretty high fever. We declared it untraditional day, and put in We Bought a Zoo and let the kids watch well past bedtime. They both fell asleep. The next day the only place we went was to get slushies from Sonic in order to try to keep Korban hydrated.
This weekend, Ben worked on the fence a little and I went grocery shopping with Kennady. That hasn't happened in awhile. She was really good, and just played games on my phone the whole time. We had some friends over for games and food that night. Sunday Korban was super cranky, so Ben stayed home from church with him. He was up all that night with Ben (um, he still won't have anything to do with me at night, he just pushes me away and screams for Mama...meaning Ben...it's both a blessing and a curse). Monday we headed to the clinic early. Then I got to take both kids (one who was sick and hadn't had any sleep, and another who hates being woken up in the morning and had been woken up all night) to Target to get Korban's prescription filled. We barely made it out of there alive.
Now I just have to get everything ready for Kennady's party on Saturday. Lots to do. And then the big weight loss challenge starts, and then Halloween, my birthday, Thanksgiving, and before you know it, Christmas, and New Years. Yikes! Where has this year gone?
No comments:
Post a Comment