First, it snowed this morning! Honestly, I wasn't prepared for winter yet, and seeing snow first thing this morning made me a little grumpy. And then I remembered that we didn't get to play in the snow at all last year, because Korban was so little and nursing alllll the time. So I changed my attitude and yelled for Kennady to come look out the window. We spent the next 2 hours finding all our snow stuff. And then another 45 minutes putting it all on (no joke, it was actually 45 minutes). We finally made it outside. Korban wasn't really old enough last year to remember the snow, so it was pretty much his first snow. He thought it was great, until he fell and his glove came off and his hand got snow on it. He screamed like he was dying. After a big fight with him trying to get his glove back on, he finally decided to cooperate so he didn't have to go inside. Then we built a snowman. Kennady really wanted one, but she didn't want to help build it. My neighbors must think I'm a dork for building a snowman by myself.
The one thing I'm really disappointed about today is that I shouldn't make cookies. My weight loss challenge started on Monday. I actually do get one day off from not eating sweets, so I could make that today, but I'm afraid of how many cookies I would eat. I'm just not sure that I have that kind of restraint. Also, I'm super sore. I went to the gym and did 45 minutes of cardio and strength training on Monday and Wednesday. Tuesday I did my Pilates DVD. Every muscle in my body aches. I am already seeing results though, and that combined with the thought of prize money is keeping me from quitting. And I started getting all the emails from restaurants with offers of free food for my birthday. Next week is going to be so hard. I've decided not to eat any Halloween candy on Halloween. That nearly goes against everything that I believe in. But I'll probably eat a piece or two on my birthday. And I may not count calories that day (the challenge doesn't require you to count calories, but I have been, because I know I'll lose more weight that way). Drinking enough water has been challenging, and so has not eating after 9 pm. I've actually not been hungry, I've been eating tons of fruits and veggies, but I really miss sweets. I'm pretty determined to kick this challenge's butt, and I want to keep up the exercise routine after the 8 weeks. I also want to keep eating healthy. I don't know that that will mean eliminating sweets 6 days a week though.


No comments:
Post a Comment