Monday, December 5, 2011

O Christmas Tree

Friday night's festivities included Christmas tree hunting. We had to pick up some stuff from Lowe's, so we thought we'd start there. I had randomly started cleaning out our coat closet and decided to put a shelf in it, and then decided the shelf needed legs. We just wanted a little tree and thought we would put it on our balcony, so we could look at it, but not touch it. Since Korban is crawling now. We wanted a real tree so we could get rid of it after Christmas, since our storage is pretty limited. The only little trees they had were living Christmas trees. I thought they were pretty and cute, and a little nontraditional. Ben immediately hated the glitter all over it. We bought it anyways.

It wasn't until we got home that we realized that a living Christmas tree is more of a houseplant. It can't be outside if the temperature gets below 45 degrees. And you probably shouldn't just toss it after Christmas, you're supposed to plant it. Then Ben really hated her. Fern is her name, because it looks like a cross between a fern and pine tree, and it has to be a girl because it's covered in glitter. We put it up on a table and decorated with very light unbreakable ornaments. Anyone want a houseplant Jan 1?

I did make a little shelf for our closet. It's a little crooked, because Ben didn't know what a miter box is and didn't want to buy one. And we used a hacksaw. But, it works, and it's in the closet, so I suppose looks don't matter. I wish I had taken before and after pictures so you could see my organization awesomeness.

Earlier that day Korban had his 6 month appointment. 18 lbs 12 oz., 27 inches tall. He didn't grow as much, but is still in the 75th % for height and weight. And he's super healthy. The dr was surprised by how much he eats, and that he's really not picky. She was also surprised when I said he is crawling. Apparently she didn't believe me, because she flipped him over on his tummy to check his back and he hopped up and tried to crawl off the table. "Oh, wow, that's not even an army crawl," she said. Yeah, well he can crawl over to the bookshelf and pull off books. And sits up by himself. They gave him 5 shots and one oral vaccine. He has been very grumpy (I don't blame him). And not sleeping. Uhg. He did really well with his other shots, but this time he's been feverish. Maybe from the flu shot. Korban has taken to screeching. He is sooo loud.

Saturday morning we went t the ward Christmas party, at 8:30 a.m. The activity for the kids was decorating sugar cookies with radioactive pink and green frosting (I think they thought if they kept adding food coloring they would get dark green and red?) Ben got to dress up as an elf and hand out presents, because one of the 3 wiseman costumes went missing, and naturally they had an elf costume. What a good sport.

Here's a picture from Thanksgiving. It turned out so good. Grandma Sharp took it for us after Kristi set up the camera. I'm curious how much Photoshopping went into this, or if we just got really lucky? Kennady looks adorable though.

And then some other things happened. I can't remember. I'm pretty sure we didn't just sit around on our duffs the rest of the weekend, but we may have. Tonight is Kennady's last dance class. Hopefully I'll get some pictures. Just have to find the camera and the memory card before then. It is cold here. Seriously. Although, not as cold as Rexburg.

1 comment:

Rob & Kristi Nelson said...

ok rob really wants to plant one! I don't want to keep one around for the next few months. So how about we plant yours and i buy a sad charlie brown tree, because we all know the boys are going to climb the tree and tip it over.