Ahh! You know that baby I had 7 months ago? The one who is crawling? Well, he's pulling himself to stand up now. Make him stop! He also is still refusing to sleep. Make that stop too! He sure is the sweetest, cutest, rolly polliest thing though.
We had a great Christmas here. We got Mom and Dad from the airport on Saturday night. Kennady was so excited, but she gets crazy shy for about 15 minutes, and then she snaps out of it and won't stop talking. We stayed up way too late that night, eating dinner, eating cake and opening pajamas. I made a sweet cake for Dad's birthday. It was a giant, homemade, from scratch, Swiss Cake roll. Turns out it was even gluten-free. Ben said it was heavenly. I'm not the biggest fan of chocolate, so I didn't think it was very good. It sure made my kitchen a big chocolatey mess.
Sunday morning we woke up early (or at least earlier than I would usually wake up on Sunday, although that changes next week when we start having 9 am church). We opened presents. Kennady was so cute. She loved everything and was so excited. Korban thought all the wrapping paper was awesome. Then we made breakfast. Egg McMuffins, the homemade kind. Yummy. Somehow we all got ready and got to church on time. There were very few people there. I guess going to church on Christmas isn't the cool thing to do? Sad. After that we ate lunch and played a game before Mom and Dad took off and headed up to Kendra's. We enjoyed our naps and playing with our new toys the rest of the day.
Monday I got to sleep in! It was glorious! Then we headed to Jungle Jim's, which is like an indoor amusement park for kids. Kennady thought it was awesome. I got to ride the roller coaster with her. Our fun and games ended when she peed her pants. Then home for naps for the kids while Ben and I tried to clean up the explosion that was Christmas. Then I was starving and we wanted to go out to eat, but the kids were still sleeping, and it was 5:30, which is much too late for napping. But I didn't want to wake them up, because they get super cranky (especially Kennady). So I had the brilliant idea of putting Korban in Kennady's bed and letting them wake each other up, because they both think that is funny. It worked perfectly. Well, first they just snuggled up to each other. And I thought they should just sleep in the same bed, because they both love to snuggle so much, and I'm tired of them both ending up in my bed snuggling with me (I'm not a snuggler when sleeping, I prefer not to be touched). But then we thought one of the two of them would probably wake up with a black eye. So we'll wait on that one.
Tuesday was back to business as usually, and our Christmas break will restart on Friday, and go through next Wednesday, when Ben has his interview at the U! Oh, and there are pictures, on my mom's camera.
No comments:
Post a Comment