The only thing I can be sure about.
So if you were super quick, or had amazingly good timing, you might have caught my last post before I deleted it. If not, be excited that you didn't have to read all of my whining. The gist of it was that Ben was told he'd no longer have a job in two weeks. Shortly after I made that post, that announcement was vetoed, or recalled, or something, and he was told he would have a job. Almost simultaneously he got an interview for another job, which he went to, and, long story short, turns out the boss lady is already his boss lady, only at a different company, and she said he HAD to stay at his job. Ok, that is confusing, but I guess that's what happens when you get paid from grants.
Yes, so he has a job. Yippeee!!!! Seriously, so grateful.
Turns out Ben didn't get his tonsils out. Basically his wife (that's me) is a whiner and didn't want him to do it over Christmas break. At least not the one where neither one of us has gotten more than 4 hours of sleep a night for the last month or so. We're pretty excited to have a wonderful Christmas, with a job and no pain medications.
Ok, so Korban might get some pain medications. Ugh. His teething is killing us. He won't sleep longer than 2 hours at night, or 15 minutes during the day. Ok, one night he slept 4 hours in a row, and he might have slept 30 minutes the other day, but I think you get my drift. He had one tooth pop through, his bottom right. Which was surprising, because I didn't know that one was coming in. His top right canine seems like it is coming in, but hasn't popped through yet. He started pulling himself up to kneeling. I can't believe how strong this kid is. I just hope he doesn't start walking in a month.
Mom Nelson did come for a visit! Kennady was pretty excited when we told her that morning...and then she kept asking every five minutes (or less) when Grandma was going to get there. And anytime anyone came up the stairs she started shrieking that Grandma was here (which was a lot, because we live next door to the manager). She was only here for a day, but she taught us how to make playdough, and Kennady was glad to have her attention. She also brought us our Christmas present- a crib for Korban. Now if we can just get him to sleep in it. At least now he has a place where he can nap so I can take a shower.
I think I may be ready for Christmas. I still don't have a stocking for Korban. But I will have one before Saturday night. And I did get all our Christmas shopping done, thanks to free super fast shipping and the Internet. Seriously, there was no way I was going out after my quick trip to WalMart took 2 hours, the first 15 minutes just trying to find a place to park. And everything is wrapped, because the Young Women in our ward did a wrapping service project. Sweet.
Mom and Dad Ellis are getting in late Christmas Eve and then get to spend Christmas morning at our house. They'll be out here for almost two weeks, but will be up in Idaho with my sister some of the time. At one point Ben and Mom are going to go skiing. Dad, the kids and I are going to go bowling instead.
There are no pictures of anything. But I'm sure we'll take some at Christmas, since my mom will be here with her camera (I still can't find my memory card....actually there are a lot of things missing around this house).
Maybe then I'll have something interesting to say.
No comments:
Post a Comment