Monday, October 10, 2011

Leaves are Falling All Around

This weekend was pretty uneventful. I did a lot of babysitting, which made Kennady happy because she got to see lots of her friends. I have lots of fun fall plans, but I don't know how many of them we'll actually get around to doing. We will carve a pumpkin this year though.

Did I mention I love Fall? It's by far my favorite season. Soups, sweaters, good books, pumpkin carving, trick-or-treating, birthdays, holidays, lots of good food. It's so fantastic. And the weather is just perfect. I have big plans for Kennady's birthday. Her monster party. In my head it's going to be a great grandiose soiree. In reality, I'll be lucky if I get her cake done. But I'm sure she won't care and she'll love whatever I do get done. As long as at least one friend shows up to her party. I think we can manage that.

Korban had a fantastic weekend. For the first time in his life he experienced a full tummy for more than 2 hours. We gave him rice cereal. He ate a whole bowl of the stuff and loved it. So we gave him more around bedtime, he ate a whole bowl again. He slept ALL NIGHT. And he was a happy boy today. Apparently milk is just not enough for this guy (the dr was pretty impressed with how much he eats). I guess he wants steak. On my list for tomorrow is to buy baby food, cuz I don't think a ton of only rice cereal is the best idea. On one hand I'm pretty excited because the move to solid food means a little more freedom for me, and we can more easily go out and about. On the other hand, I wish he would just stay little, because babies smell so good and are so squishy.

No comments: