Perhaps you have noticed the absence of entries. We were busy! There were some very good things and some very bad things about this last week.
The very first bad thing, and one of the worst was the ridiculously expensive speeding ticket we got after just crossing the Oregon border. Uhg. With that, it would have been cheaper for us to fly. Why is the speed limit on Oregon interstates only 65 mph? Because they want more money. Ontario, Oregon, is one giant speed trap. And they dislike people from Idaho, especially Rexburg. Why must we pick on the college students? And why is driving 75 mph a $270 ticket? Yikes.
The 12 hour trip wasn't too bad. Kennady was fairly well behaved thanks to my mom loaning us a portable DVD player. We also gave someone a ride, so one of us sat in back with Kennady the whole time.
Being in Oregon was awesome. Kennady loves her "Ga" and "Papa" and uncle "A" and "Ah" and aunts "Shell" and "Leene" She also loves her aunts Kristal and Wendy, but seemed to have a harder time saying those. She loved all the attention. And I loved the break. And the company of family. We had a great week. Ben, well, he studied his brains out for the MCAT all week. It's a good thing we were there or we might have been at each other's throats, because he was very stressed, but we just locked him in a room and tried to keep him fed. He feels pretty good about the test, but is very anxious to see the results next month.
Kennady absolutely loved going to nursery there. They had all sorts of activities and things to do, and she didn't even give us a second glance when we left her with a room full of strangers. I am hoping it goes as well in our ward next week. She loved being able to play outside and bounce on the trampoline. The weather there was beautiful. She would throw a fit everytime we came inside, luckily her aunts and uncles liked (or at least were willing) to take her on lots of walks. We also visited the park, the carousel, IKEA, and a yard sale. Now Kennady has clothes that will fit again (huge growth spurt, she is nearly in 2T now, for height anyways, kinda baggy though).
I had time to sew while we were there. I picked out a cute summer outfit pattern and fabric. I'll post a picture when it's done. This one is actually super cute. Thanks to Mom Nelson for helping me figure out how to read the crazy patterns. I got to play piano while there too. Something I've missed here because the only place for the piano is Kennady's room, and she likes to help me play.
Kennady got an early birthday present- a toddler bed! We just have to set it up and buy a mattress, and then we shall have fun trying to get her to sleep in it. She actually loves little beds, but I don't know how easy it will be to try to get her to stay in one. Oh yeah, and that means I have to finish her quilt.
Ben and I got to go out to lunch after he finished the MCAT, to Red Lobster. Oh, and so much good food while we were in Oregon. I got some time to cook, and Marlene made us the best sandwich I have ever had in my life. Plus all the ice cream and popcorn we could handle.
Ben and Dad Nelson did some work on the car. They fixed the oil leak, the passenger door and we now have a functioning cigarette lighter (which is important for portable DVD players). And they changed the oil. And they put in a new fence post.
Then Sunday morning Kennady woke up covered in vomit. And she continued to throw up most of the morning. Not so fun. Since she was the only one sick, I thought it was just something that she ate. Boy was I wrong. Luckily, we made it all the way home before we got sick. Kennady was still a little sick in the car. Our 12 hour trip took us 14 hours. No speeding tickets this time though. So Ben ended up missing his first day of classes. Not fun having both parents really sick at the same time. I think we are all feeling much better today though.
The weather in Rexburg is beautiful and I hope it stays that way!
1 comment:
I'm so sorry you guys have been sick!! If you need anything, let us know!
We were wondering where you were at church Sunday...this explains it. We are now in building 11 as you know from seeing us in the window last night. :)
We will miss being your neighbors! But we will NOT miss the last apt with its horrible carpet, lock-less bathroom door, stained bathroom floor, gross shower and broken, leaky refrigerator. We will just have to walk a little further to have game night!
Post a Comment