
Sorry about the terrible pun. I really can't help it. We are getting bad about posting frequently. I hate to post without pictures. And it's so ugly outside that I don't want to take any pictures. So this is the postcard for Kristi's art show. I love her paintings! Ben and I have just been working. It keeps snowing on and off, although today it's been snowing all day. It will probably melt tomorrow and add to the disgusting mud everywhere. We got to watch General Conference and we really enjoyed it. I am glad we were able to watch it on the internet, because getting to the stake center by 8 a.m. would have been a challenge. I had a hard enough time opening my eyes at 8 a.m. I finally got all of my design projects finished- Keith and Carolyn's invitations and Kristi's art show promotional pieces. I forgot how big of a pain it is to print things! I also finished the baby blankets I've been working on, one for little Russell, and the other for Mike & Kari's baby. I bought some really cute material to make myself one. Now I just have to get around to it. My latest thing to keep me busy has been reading. I forgot how much I enjoy it. I checked out several pregnancy books from the library. I think I am tired of reading those now, all of them say the same things over and over. Plus I get unsolicited advice from any random stranger. I think I will read Odd Thomas this week. This last weekend we were able to get away! Yea for us. We really needed it, or at least I did, and I think Ben enjoyed it to. Ben got Friday off, and we drove up that afternoon. After checking into our comfy hotel, we went to Lone Star for dinner. We had a coupon for a free appetizer, so we got wings and then we split a 20 oz. steak. It hit the spot! Then I took a much-needed nap while Ben went and lifted weights. He is still whining about how his arms hurt. But I whine a lot more than he does, so I try to feel sympathetic. We got to go to the temple that night, and it was wonderful. The 8:00 session is a little late for my schedule, but I managed. Then we splurged and went for ice-cream at McDonald's. Saturday we got up and enjoyed a nice complimentary breakfast and took a dip in the pool. Then off for a day of shopping! Poor Ben. Shopping for maternity clothes all day is not his idea of fun. He was a very good sport though. And even a pretty good shopping buddy. We found some good deals and I finally have jeans that fit (never mind that the top half is made up of panty hose material). I finally got Wendy's! I love those chicken nuggets and vanilla frostys. We went to dinner at Red Robin, and that was good too. Ben gets annoyed with how often I talk about food, and that our lives seem to revolve around it now. But I am always hungry! This little baby must be related to Ben, because it sure does eat a lot. Today Ben had his day off for the week. He got his hair cut and brought me home grapes and strawberry popsicles. He is seriously the best husband! We spent most of the day running errands. We did have a nice little surprise when we went to the bank to shut down one of Ben's old accounts, there was twice as much money in it as we thought there was! That is what I call a good surprise. Ben bribed me to go to the doctor. He said I could have a milkshake if I went. I've had a sore throat since yesterday. It's not strep (I'm not surprised). But we don't know what it is so they sent a culture off to the lab to see what kind of bacteria is growing in my mouth. Awesome. I felt kinda bad that Ben had to go into work on his day off, but it was kinda fun to see him helping out the doctor. We just made bowtie lasagna and we are waiting for it to come out of the oven so we can eat it. Then we are going to watch a movie tonight.
1 comment:
We have had that bug here in our house too. I am feeling better but I still cough all night. =( Hope you feel better soon!
Post a Comment