Saturday, April 26, 2008

Days Off

This is my little brother. He's not so little anymore. In fact, he's graduating in a few weeks. This is his senior picture, taken by my mother and photoshopped by me.
The above picture is what Dustin looks like without Photoshop. Thank goodness for technology. I love Macs- everyone likes to play with Photobooth, leaving tons of blackmail pictures on your computer.
Ben and I still play with Photobooth. It never seems to stop being amusing. Ben finally got his day off yesterday. I am learning to cherish them. We slept in and then the servants made us breakfast in bed. Well, they would have, if we had any. So Ben got stuck doing it, and we both had breakfast at the table. We had very grandiose plans to deep clean our entire apartment and make that zuppa toscana soup that I love so much. But we threw them out the window. We were bums. We did manage to return a movie to our neighbors, make a deposit at the bank, and help one of his coworkers who'd locked herself out of her car.

Then we went to the visitor's center here. There were lots of dead animals hanging on the walls. And plastic fish. They also had an art show going on. I wasn't impressed by the photography. Terrible photoshopping! I wondered what you have to do to get in the show, because I thought about putting in something. Eventually I'll get my camera back out and start taking pictures again. I am kinda boycotting it until things turn green, or even prettier shades of brown and gray. The coolest thing in the museum was the collection of ivory, there was a lot. I started thinking about how much it would be worth, but my mind can't add numbers that high. Then I started thinking how much the place lacked security and it's within running distance from our apartment. Don't worry, I won't do it.

By the time we were finished with the museum, I was beat. We had a few other things we wanted to do, but I just wanted a nap. I won. After a two and a half hour nap, we realized that making the soup would put us well beyond dinner time. So we settled for pizza. And we made plans for fun things to do before we leave Alaska. And then we watched a movie.

Ben works Monday through Saturday next week. Oh the life of an intern. It'll be good money, and we like that. But we had to postpone our fun plans. We are going to Seward sometime before May 16 and we are going to go on a whale watching tour. And to the sea life center. And for a hike up to the glacier. We found a good deal that includes a night at a hotel there, so it'll be a fun trip. Seward is about 2 hours away. And I hope I see a whale. I've always wanted to see one. I'll definitely be taking my camera on that trip. I'm a little nervous how I'll do on the boat. Hopefully we'll get a calm day.

I can't wait for our doctor's appointment on Tuesday. Ben is excited too (he gets a few hours off that day), because we both want to hear the heartbeat again. And we should find out when they are going to do the ultrasound. Then we will know if it's a boy or a girl!

Urrrrgh! I had to edit this post. I just opened up the blinds to let the sunshine in while I am cleaning, and the everything is covered in snow! Seriously, this is getting old. It is almost May. I want flowers, sunshine, warmth and green things (evergreens do NOT count). It is supposed to snow every night this week. I don't understand how people in Alaska don't go crazy (well, maybe they do).

1 comment:

Youngfamily said...

I missed the art show! Dang! We still need to get together and take some pics and you can show me photoshop. I did get Lightroom and I love it. You will have to check it out. We are all moved in but we are still getting settled in. I should have a lot of time soon. Let me know what would be a good day for you. Do you want to stay here and take pics or go elsewhere?