I've discovered there are 4 things I can do when I am overly nauseous.
1. Read
2. Crochet
3. Watch TV
4. Work on the computer
What do these have in common? I can do them all while sitting on the couch. It turns out that I don't have strep, just my sinuses are acting up. Unfortunately, all that extra snot makes me extra nauseous. Just when I was starting to think that maybe the nausea was coming to an end. Our couch is surely full of Apple Cinnamon Cheerios and Kix, with maybe a couple of Wheat Thins tossed in. I even got to sleep on the couch last night, because my heartburn was so bad that even sleeping in a inclined position didn't work, I had to be sitting up.
Poor Ben is working still. His day off was Tuesday this week. And last night we spent date night cleaning the church. We did go out to dinner at a Mexican restaurant (see sleeping on the couch above- I am no longer allowed to have salsa for the rest of my pregnancy.) I think we are both looking forward to his day of rest tomorrow. I will be a little sad tomorrow though when I have to eat my cheese sandwich without salsa (my alternative to ketchup).
So yesterday and today, between my handfuls of Kix, I both started and finished Odd Thomas. I liked it. Ben did ruin it for me by unknowingly giving away the ending. I would tell how, but then it would ruin it for anyone else who might want to read it. Soon I will be off to the library to get book #2.
I also worked on updating the look of our blog. I needed something brighter- more like Spring. It definitely is not spring here, but there's no harm in pretending, right? I don't know how long this will last, Ben might think it is too "girly."
1 comment:
Hey, that's cool that you are reading the Odd Thomas books! We love Dean Koontz, and that one is Ryan's favorite of all. I also liked it, but I also had the ending ruined for me. :( Well, congrats on being pregnant! That's exciting!
Post a Comment