Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Korban is TWO!

I know, I know, I promised pictures. Lots of them. I'll get there, eventually. I'm pretty sure most of you have lost patience with me and stopped following my blog altogether. That's ok. I can't say that it's as good as it once was. Honestly, I just don't have that kind of time anymore. Korban + Kennady keep me very busy. Mostly Korban. And that brings us to the topic of this post.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, KORBAN!

My sweet little baby boy is two already! I can hardly believe it (except that he acts like a two-year-old). He's really seemed to be my baby longer, even though he's been on-the-go from 5 months. Maybe because he's such a snuggler. Or maybe because until recently he's really not been saying much. Or sleeping much.

On that note, he's been talking up a storm ever since we took his adenoids out, and the progress he is making is astounding. He went from hardly ever saying anything and when he did we couldn't understand him, to being able to communicate verbally with us pretty proficiently. In a little over a month. He also started sleeping way better (ok, we've had a little relapse this last week with him being sick, but still so much better). He even slept through night twice in a row. The whole night. It was amazing. Sadly, it was while I was at my parents' and Ben didn't get to witness it. Also he's in the middle of a MAJOR growth spurt. I'm not sure on the exact numbers (maybe we'll get those at his 2 year check up in a couple weeks?), but he's gained something close to 4 pounds and an inch.

The one thing I am not loving about two. The tantrums. Ok, so they started a little before he was two. They are terrible. I much prefer being able to reason with children. Korban is a very good tantrum thrower. Better than Kennady ever was. And his scream. Yikes! Ear piercing. Did I mention getting his adenoids out has made him louder?

But I love that his little personality is emerging more and more. He's so stubborn. I know, I know, he gets it from me, but also his father. And he's more stubborn than Kennady. Less sassy. He extremely agile for his age and not afraid of anything (except bugs). He would live outside if we would let him. He loves it. He and Kennady are best friends (who, like all best friends, occasionally hate each other). If she ever goes anywhere without him, he asks "Ninny? Ninny?" and then runs and gives her a big hug as soon as she returns. He's sweet and loves to gives kisses and hugs and is constantly asking to "nuggle" (snuggle). He likes singing and playing with trains and trucks.

His new found love is cake. He LOVES cake. If anyone says cake, Korban attention is immediately caught and he says "caaakke?!?" In fact, cake is the only thing he has eaten today, and since it's his birthday I've let him. He also loves tunnels. If you sit down or stand up or lay down, you become the tunnel, whether you like it or not. Needless to say, I'm really excited about his birthday present (a real tunnel).

The one thing I'm really uncertain about is how Korban is going to react to having a little brother. I don't think it's going to go very smoothly. He's finally really realized that there's a baby in mommy's tummy. Or at least he says "baby, squish baby" as he pushes on my tummy. I hope this next kid is as tough as Korban (or tougher, because Korban will be the one beating him up).
Then
Now

No comments: