So we have to skip back a little, because I had to leave some stuff off the blog in the name of secrecy. When Kendra and Eisley came down we attempted to get Mom a picture of all three kids for mother's day. Mindy went with us to the park to take the pictures. Things were going smoothly. Until we got out of the car. Kendra had warned me it was hard to get pictures of Eisley. She didn't, however, tell me that it was pretty much impossible. After thirty minutes, and with a potty break, Kennady was done taking pictures too. We even tried to photoshop Eisley in, but there wasn't a single picture where she was even remotely facing toward the camera and semi-happy. We got a couple great ones of Kennady and Korban, which was a bonus, since we weren't even trying.
Then one morning when all three of the kids were in a good mood, we popped into Target's portrait place. And we got one of all three looking in the direction of the camera, and no one was crying. They also got a couple good ones of Eisley, because she had no where to go in the tiny studio to explore. And Kendra finally got Yo Gabba Gabba to play on her phone.
The secrecy of the whole thing though was apparently unnecessary, because Kennady told Mom in great detail all about the ordeal during one of their little chats. Three year olds have big mouths.
That Saturday I went grocery shopping without kids, and as soon as I walked in the door Kennady says, "Mom, we have a surprise for you!" Ben grumbled and told her not to talk about it. So she waited until he was giving Korban a bath and asks if tomorrow is church day. Yep. "We get to give you your butterfly tomorrow!" Yep, I got a super cute painting of a butterfly, the wings mad of Ben and Kennady's hands and the abdomen is Korban's foot. I also got toast and strawberries for breakfast (I requested no breakfast in bed, so we wouldn't be late for church). Kennady sang to me with all the other little kids in church. She was, of course, the kid that was waving to everyone. They also went and sang at the retirement home across the street. I got lots of reports that she decided to dance instead of sing, but all the old ladies LOVED it. Ben made me dinner that night, steak kabobs. MMMMMmmmmm delish. Oh, and I got a nap. Great day. Except I still had to do the dishes. :P
This last week was pretty boring and uneventful, except for Korban being sick and whiny. He's getting four top teeth in. Two have come through, and we're still waiting on the other two. Ugh, teething, I hate it.
This weekend we helped Mindy and her family move. Ok, Ben helped, and I helped Mindy eat donuts. Sad :( Now we don't share a yard. Then we went to the studio to take Korban's one year pictures. And we had to get some of Kennady, too. They were both in such good moods it was easy. Ben and I were both happy with the pictures, and it was an affordable studio. Fotofly is the name of the place, and I would recommend them. You have to book way in advance though.
Now we have a crazy short week. Today. Tomorrow. Wednesday. Then we leave for Missouri. I so dread packing. And the laundry. And probably the 20 hour drive. But we are so excited to see our family. We even get to see Ben's cousin Nick and his family when we crash at their house in Denver! We are going to be so dead when we get back from vacation.
And now, for the pictures. I think I'll post all of them. Look out.














































No comments:
Post a Comment