Monday, May 7, 2012

The Little Crazies

Man, do my kiddos keep me busy. Korban is walking all over the place. That's not so bad. But he's also climbing. It's crazy. I found him on top of our table the other day. He can climb down from our bed, or anything its height, and goes feet first. So hopefully he won't hurt himself too much. He also knows how to move chairs. Today he moved one over to the sink, climbed up and started pulling all the dirty dishes out of it. I guess I should just teach him and Kennady how to wash the dishes.

Kennady is slowly starting to pull out of the three year old stage. I could certainly live with a little less emotional instability, at least until she's 13. She still has her moments though. She is known in Primary as the chatterbox. That kid never stops talking. Luckily her sweetness and cuteness keep her out of too much trouble.

The other day we were eating lunch, and she couldn't leave Korban alone. I told her if she didn't stop she would have to go to her room until he was done eating. She got mad and yelled, "You are being mean!" To which I replied, "Sister, you ain't seen nothing yet."She says, "I have seen EVERYTHING, and you are NOT my sister." I couldn't help but laugh, which made her more upset and she yelled "You are stupid!" Then I gave her that look that told her she was in big trouble and said, "Hey, that's not nice, why are you calling me stupid?" She says, "I wasn't calling you stupid. I was calling the way you treat me stupid." Then she picked up her sandwich and stomped out the door onto the balcony. After five minutes, she comes back in, gives me a hug and says, "Mom, I'm sorry I called you stupid." See, I told you she is sweet.

Well, that's an update on the kids. This week was a little less crazy. At one point I had our entire apartment (minus our bedroom) clean. Then it exploded over the weekend. We went to one of Kennady's friend's birthday party. We took long naps. We bought a new computer! Woohoo! Pretty sure the laptop has some major issues (it keeps randomly turning off and/or freezing up), on top of the things we already knew weren't working (the battery, the lid is broken, we can't update the OS). So we bought a Mac mini to replace it. Love it! I hope it will last us another 5 years.

No comments: