Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Eeeeeeeeeeee

That's the sound of tires squealing as we slam on the brakes and completely change directions.

First, we are moving! Don't get too excited. We signed a lease for that 3 bedroom in Sandy. So a five mile move. But hopefully a great move for our family. We'll have a yard. And more space. And walls that aren't white. We'll be right behind the library, less than a block from the park, and within walking distance from the grocery store and hospital. We get to move in June 21! Start the countdown.

Second, Ben's decided on a different career path. Yep. Now he wants to go get his PhD. In Pharmacology. Which is not the same as being a pharmacist. But is developing new drugs/techniques to cure diseases. Which is similar to what he is doing now at work, except now he is just developing new techniques to test for diseases. He's pretty excited about it. The great thing is that he won't be applying to medical school again. The not so great thing is that he has to apply to graduate school. Which is a new game for us. And he has to take the GRE. Which means he has to take a GRE prep course (or claw his eyeballs out trying to study by himself). Right now he's not even sure where he wants to go to school. Right now I'm not even sure what pharmacology is.

Ok, so that's the big stuff. Well, except of course, that Korban is sleeping through the night. We move Kennady out of their room and into ours every night after they are both asleep. Hopefully we'll be able to let them share a room again after he gets used to sleeping all night. Korban seems like he is growing again too. He is walking about 50% of the time. So sad that my baby is gone. But he is still so snuggly. He's learned how to give kisses and high fives. He says momma, dada, more, no, yea, ball, and growls a lot. I'm working on weaning the kid, but he's resisting.

Last week was crazy. Kendra and Eisley came down to visit. I can't say that we did a whole lot. It's pretty hard to get 3 kids on opposite schedules out the door to do anything. We made several attempts to go to the zoo, but we never made it. We did get to play outside. And inside. And we went to the children's museum. All three of the kids loved that. Korban found one of those Cozy Coupe cars, and pretty much refused to get out of it. Now I know what toy we need for our new yard. Kendra and I did get to have some fun, at Ben's expense, when we left all the kids with him. He's such a good sport.

The next few months will be chaotic for us. We'll be heading out to Missouri over Memorial weekend for a week. Then we'll have to pack and move. Somewhere in there I have to throw a party for Korban. Then the kids and I will be heading back out to Missouri with Kendra and Eisley in July for my brother's homecoming. That should be an adventure. Someday Kendra and I are going to team write a book. It will be a best-seller. So, anyways, if I don't post frequently, don't worry about me.

1 comment:

mk said...

Jason didn't take the GRE prep course ... if Ben wants to talk to him about it sometime I'm sure he'd be happy to answer any questions/offer advice. I'm excited for you!! PhD students get STIPENDS, which means you won't come out of it with hundreds of thousands of dollars of debt!! I definitely think this is a fabulous plan. :)