Monday, April 6, 2009

3 Day Weekends

I love having a 3 day weekend every week. Ben works 4 - 10 hour days, and has Friday, Saturday and Sunday off. This week on Friday we watched my cousin's baby for the first half of the day. I don't think I want an 18 month old and a 5 month old at the same time, ever. Then we headed up to Springfield- we went to Sam's Club and bought diapers and a birthday cake for my brother. Then to the mall where I returned two dresses I bought for my sister's wedding and bought a new pair of shoes. I also found these shoes:
Which are possibly the most fantastic shoes I have ever seen. But they didn't have them in my size, so I am trying to order them online and hope I get them in time for Kendra's wedding. Don't tell me how uncomfortable they are going to be. I am aware. I don't care. Sometimes you have to sacrifice comfort for a really hot pair of red heels. If you don't agree, then you are probably a man, or pregnant, or maybe just practical. And then we bought Ben a swimsuit. Hopefully it will warm up around here and we can actually use our swimsuits. I think in 2 months the lake will be ready. I will probably not be ready for the lake, because I am pasty white and need to lose another 25 lbs, but c'est la vie. Then we went to JoAnn's fabric store, and I bought more fabric in hopes of actually getting some sewing done. I really wish I had my sewing machine. Oh, and Ben said that I set a record for picking out fabric. I kinda cheated though, because I looked at it all online before we went. Whatever, he was happy. Then we went to Hemmingways for Dustin's birthday dinner. We tried the alligator tail. It was ok, kinda chewy. Ben was just excited to be eating alligator, a real man's food.

Ok, on to Saturday. My baby slept in until almost 11 am. I was so excited. Ben was working on the car. And then when Kennady woke up, I wasn't so excited, because as soon as I lifted her blanket off, I got a strong whiff of pee. And, sure enough, when I picked her up, she was totally soaked, and she was in our bed, so that was totally soaked too. I guess that's what happens when your kid sleeps for 12 hours without a diaper change.

We got to listen to General Conference on both Saturday and Sunday- it was really nice, and there were a lot of good messages. It's kinda hard to listen and get a lot out of it when you have a baby though. I will be glad to get the Ensign.

2 comments:

Chelsea said...

Those shoes are so cute!! I'd totally wear them if high heels didn't make me taller than my husband. :) Haha...

Rachel said...

I love the shoes! You're a brave girl taking a boy shoe shopping. I can't take Nick because he just makes fun of the shoes I like then I talk myself out of it. Once they're purchased though, who cares what he thinks? I don't have any fun shoes like that, just brown, black, white combination's. Someday I'll be able to feed my somewhat repressed shoe fetish with amazing heels!