Monday, December 8, 2008

Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow

This is what we woke up to this morning. I've generally had a lack of enthusiasm for snow since my first year of college in winter wasteland. But this year the first snowfall was so long coming that I was genuinely excited this morning. It may help that I know we are moving to a warmer climate next week. I just hope that it doesn't snow too much as we attempt to drive across the country.
This is happy Kennady, my favorite baby. She mostly makes her appearances in the mornings. Perhaps this will be one thing that will turn me into a morning person. Her smile is heart melting, and we are very glad for this because it means Daddy is still willing to change diapers, in hope of getting a glimpse of her toothless grin.
Our perfect angel baby has been having some rough evenings/nights. The culprit: gas. I've never been so excited or relieved to hear a fart in my life. And the blowouts don't really bother me, I'm just glad when she can be done screaming. Yes, it's probably something I'm eating. If you have time to analyze my diet and figure out what it is, be my guest. But I don't have the time to keep a food journal, so you'll have to settle for direct observation, and while you're at it you can cook me nutritious meals.

This is our little Kennady Sue Who. Yes, I did make her wear this cute poncho in public. It was snowing and cold, and the poncho is the closest thing she has to a coat. Besides, I think it's cute.Here's sleeping Kennady. This is when we took her for a stroller ride on Saturday. She loved it so much she fell asleep right away. We thought we should at least use the stroller once before we have to lock it up in our storage unit.

Yesterday I finally faced the reality that we have to move in a week. And I did what I do best- made a list of everything that has to be done before, during and after then. It was quite a list, but not totally unmanageable. Plus I think we will accept some help this time instead of making Ben do it all by himself. Hopefully we'll have a truck on Saturday (the storage units are doing a promotion, letting us use their moving truck for free) and we can just load it all in and dump it in the storage unit. It's kinda like how I used to shove everything in my closet instead of cleaning my room. Works for me.

I also tried to plan out our trip a little. Hopefully we will leave on Monday (the 15th). I'd like to get out around noon, but I'll be happy with anything before 4, and ok with anything before 6. We'll drive to Provo (maybe making a stop in Salt Lake to see all the lights, depending on time, weather and child contentment) and stay with Rob, Kristi & Russell. We're excited for this, but I hope that having two babies under one roof for the night doesn't prove disastrous. Tuesday we will drive from there to Denver (about 7 1/2 hours) and stay at some cousin's place. We haven't decided which cousin yet and we also haven't asked yet. If you are one of those Denver residing cousins, brace yourself for a phone call. Wednesday we will tackle the rest of the trip- 12 1/2 hours. I can only imagine how much Kennady will hate her carseat after this trip. The great thing about this trip? After some calculations I've discovered it will cost us less than $100 in gas. Which is way better than what we thought it was going to cost us when we schemed up this plan 6 months ago.


2 comments:

Jeff said...

Wow! Only $100 in gas!? I just rented a car to visit the Hawkes while I'm in Phoenix. I paid the gas attendant $10 hoping for a little more than 3 gal. Oops. It came out to a little over 6 gal.

I particularly liked Kennedy's picture in the bean chair.

Happy travels and take lots of photos on the way for blogging when you get settled in.

Love you guys!

Emily said...

Well, I obviously don't have children yet, but I pay attention to my cousin's who do and my cousin Wendy who is an avid breastfeeder says to never have chocolate its the worst thing for babies and it gives them gas. She also told me anything spicy, or that has beens in it. Hope that helps!