Awww, my baby is growing up too fast!
Today was her first day of preschool. It made this momma a little sad. She, however, was not sad at all, but extremely excited. She loved it! A few weeks ago she got to pick out her first day of school outfit and a backpack and she sure feels all grown up. I've always had mixed feelings about putting her in preschool. In a lot of ways, I feel like it's a waste. Of money I could spend elsewhere, and time I could spend with her. I know for sure there's nothing they teach her that I couldn't. But, she will be one of the oldest in her class, and she has been begging for a couple of years to go to school. Seeing all her friends get to go to Kindergarten and her not getting to go was pretty sad for her. And with the new baby coming, I feel like my attention is about to get spread pretty thin. So we are trying this out.
What was really nice was having a little over 2 hours of time with just Korban. That doesn't happen very often. He was a little better behaved for me than usual. We even went to the grocery store, and no one cried. It may be because I bought him a little matchbox airplane (he is completely obsessed with airplanes, helicopters and flying dinosaurs right now). But it did make me remember how much easier one kid is than two, which scared me a little, because I'm about to have three.
Speaking of which, I'm 36 1/2 weeks along. Anything is fair game now. I'm mentally not quite ready to have a baby. My body is a little tired though. I'm thinking about 2 weeks would be great, but I rarely get that lucky. If the baby comes before then, I'll probably freak out, mildly, or actually, maybe a lot. There's nearly half a ton of pillow stuff that's taken over our entire bedroom. (Ok, a small exaggeration on the weight, but you'd seriously be surprised). I'm very close to being finished with my last order, then time to clean up, put away and rearrange. Then we should be able to fit a tiny baby in there. I also still need to find and wash baby clothes. And maybe pack a bag for the hospital or something. There's probably more (a lot) that needs to be done, but I can't think of it, and I'm sure most of it isn't that important.

No comments:
Post a Comment