Wednesday, July 31, 2013

32 1/2 weeks, 6 Years, and 2 1/2 Kids

Hi, remember me? Well, here I am. 32 1/2 weeks pregnant. Compared to my last 2 pregnancies, I'm feeling pretty good for this point. I can still walk and I'm not swollen up like a balloon. Definitely feeling like we're getting close to the end. Having tons of contractions, but after a lovely date night to labor and delivery, the doctor and I are pretty convinced that I'll at least make it to 35 weeks (which is the new 36 weeks) without any drugs, and that, with my luck, I'll make it all the way to 40 weeks. I'm a little torn, because after 38 weeks I'd love to not be pregnant anymore, but with a two year old, a four year old, and everything else that is going on right now, I feel super unprepared for this baby. I'm hoping to at least get a couple outfits washed, buy some diapers and pack a hospital bag. I'm hoping that those extra 2 weeks would be enough. And that maybe I'll realize that I'm having another kid before I bring him home from the hospital.
What else have we been up to? Well, Ben and I got away for our six year anniversary. The first time we've been anywhere without kids in 4 years. The first time I've been away from Korban for more than 8 hours. It was a much needed, much appreciate, and much loved break. Kristal and Kevin came and watched the kids for us and we headed up to Park City. It was great! I Pricelined the hotel, and got the fabulous Hyatt resort, and then we got upgraded on arrival!
The weather was PERFECT! The pool was fantastic. And the company was the best. Ben made me breakfast the next morning in our full kitchen and we spent the day wandering around Park City. We decided we should get away more often (hey, I can dream).

I'm still making pillows like crazy. Crazy. On one hand having all the orders is wonderful and it's really helping out right now. On the other hand, I am tired. But that may have more to do with restless nights and corralling small children all day than with sewing.

The real reason for a blog post today? Because I'm super excited! For anyone who's been following our medical school application journey for the last, um, 4 years, you'll be excited too! Ben's about halfway through all the secondary applications (he's received one from 9 out of 10 schools he's applied to so far). He's hoping to be at least 3/4 of the way through by the end of this week. But, he just got an invitation to interview, in early October, in Kirksville, MO! An early interview is a very good thing. We've also been told that they send out decisions within 3 weeks of interviewing. Since it's one of his top picks, we would love, love, love, if they would accept him quickly and then he could turn down other interviews and save on the airfare. And we'd have almost an entire year to get things sorted out. Some of the reality of medical school is starting to sink in. Yikes! Another great thing about this interview? We were able to schedule it for when Mom Ellis is going to be here helping with the kids. Can you imagine having a 2 week old, a 2 year old, and a 4 year old, and no husband, even for a couple days? That makes me want to cry.

Other things we are up to? Dr appointments every 2 weeks. Not a fan. That's a lot of babysitters. I can't say that I hate sitting in a quiet office reading magazines though. I have one today. Kennady is getting ready to start preschool, in less than a month. I'm not sure I'm ready for it, but she is soooooo excited. Two days a week for 2 hours, surely I can handle that? Korban got his first bloody nose. He bashed his face into the carpet, seemingly on purpose, while he was playing with Daddy. Korban's tantrums are RIDICULOUS. And exhausting. Oh yeah, and I'm supposed to "avoid picking him up as much as I can." Whatever that means. Ben did install a top lock on our door, so at least he can't escape our house anymore.
This is the morning he decided he was a princess and refused to wear anything except Kennady's nightgown. Daddy did make him change for church though.
Don't they look big? During our fantastic stay at L&D the other day I saw the tiny newborn babies. They are tiny. I'm a little worried that the kid on the left in this picture is going to sit on my tiny newborn. Who are we kidding? That kid on the left is definitely going to sit on my tiny newborn, I'd probably be lucky if that's all that happens.

Maybe next time I'll dedicate a mushy 6 year anniversary post to my wonderful husband. It's sure been a good six years!

1 comment:

Rebekah said...

Lookin' good, Kortney! :) Good luck in the next few weeks! We miss you guys.