Monday, June 11, 2012

Recovery

Uhg, vacation kills me. Ok, the week after getting home from vacation. I was pretty smart and did most of our laundry before we left mom's house. So we got home and ALL of our clothes were clean, except what we'd worn in the two days we were traveling. However, ALL of our clothes were clean, and in laundry hampers and needed to be folded and put away. My least favorite chore. I think it was 7 or 8 loads of laundry.

The kids were also awful all week. Missing Grandma and Grandpa, and too tired. We had to resleeptrain Korban, since he slept either in our bed or in our room the entire vacation. I think that's the 20th time. I wish that kid would learn to sleep.

Also, when my pants wouldn't fit Monday morning, I stepped on the scale to find that I was 25 weeks pregnant! Or, at least I weighed the same as I did when I was 25 weeks pregnant. Granted, some of that was water weight from our car trip, but some of it was Andy's frozen custard and honey buns. If you remember that I'd lost all my baby weight right before Christmas, well, I did. And then I found some of it during the cold winter months.

So I decided to actually do something about it. I started a diet. Blegh. I didn't pick a crazy eat-this-don't-eat-that diet, because, well, I like to eat what I like to eat. I found an online fitness/weight loss tracker MyFitnessPal. I told it my weight loss and exercise goals, and it told me how many calories I should be eating. 1,300 calories a day. What? Sure thing. The first couple days were miserable. Most likely because we hadn't gone to the grocery store, so I was starving. The one thing that's been really killing me is the restricted sugar. I like my bowl of ice cream every night. I'd settle for every other night. Or a cookie here or there. And Lucky Charms. Basically, I can't have any of it. Any night. This would altogether kill me, but on weekends I get to cheat, add a couple hundred more calories and some sugar. So yesterday I had some ice cream. And a cookie. And I feel much better. Without cheating a little, I would quit. For sure.

My goal is to lose 1.5 pounds a week. This week I lost 4. Awesome. 20 lbs altogether, which would take me to 5 less than when I got pregnant (either time). Actually, I'd like to lose another 5 - 10 lbs and get back to where I was before I got married, but I didn't want to make too lofty a goal. I plan to ramp up the exercise after the move, and not set myself back too far when I go to Missouri again.

Wish me luck.

No comments: