Tuesday, June 26, 2012

The Great Move

We did it! We moved. A whole five miles. Was it worth it? You betcha. So far we mostly love the new place. It was all love until last night. Unsupervised teenagers above us. I have a feeling, due the yelling that occurred this morning when the mother returned, that it won't be happening often.

We are loving having three bedrooms and more space. And non-white walls. And, finally, a giant fridge with an ice-maker and water dispenser.

Did I ever mention we have bad luck with fridges? Yeah, when we moved into our last apartment the fridge was broken, and it took us 2 or 3 weeks to convince the maintenance guy that it was actually broken. This time our landlord figured out the fridge was broken before we moved in. He took it to have it fixed, then found out the part was on backorder, so he bought a different used fridge. We didn't get it until Saturday night. We didn't get food into it until Sunday afternoon, because we lost our apartment keys in the move. We didn't figure out the fridge wasn't working until Sunday evening, when all our cheese was melted. Our landlord went first thing Monday morning to get us a different fridge. The first place didn't have one nice enough, so he drove all the way to North Salt Lake to get us a different one. This one works, and is bigger and nicer than the other fridge.

Our landlord seems to be pretty awesome and wants to make us happy to live here. It's kind of different for us. Maybe because Ben has offered to help him make improvements on the house? We might be getting a fence. Which would be great.

Oh, I guess you probably want pictures. Sure thing. I'll take some when we get unpacked. No, really, it's a lot sooner than you think. The kitchen is done. Kennady's room is done. The bathroom is 85% done. Korban's room is 95% done. Our room is 25% done. Our goal is Wednesday. Which is totally doable. Except that we also have to clean our old apartment. Which means Ben and I have to divide and conquer, so it's going to be a little pressed. Oh yeah, and I'm throwing a giant birthday party for Korban on Friday. And Kendra and Nathan and Eisley are going to be here Thursday through Saturday. And then the kids and I leave for Missouri for 2 weeks the following week. What was I thinking???

No comments: