Thursday, March 26, 2009

Adventures in Babysitting

This past week we've been house sitting/babysitting for the Allphins, a family in our ward. So we've temporarily inherited 5 kids. They are great kids and pretty much take care of themselves. We're more of the mediators. Kennady's made some new friends and loves the little boys. I think Kennady needs some older brothers and sisters. Too bad it doesn't work that way.Ben enjoyed having replacement little brothers around. I think he misses Adam and Abe though!

Kennady's been eating sweet potatoes and she loves them. She is growing like crazy right now. I bet that she's gained a pound in the last week and a half. She loves to eat!

Yesterday Ben and I got the chance to go up to St. Louis and go to the temple. It was wonderful. We haven't been since the week before Kennady was born, and it was great to get to go. It was a little different to have to drive 4 hours to get there. We didn't even have to drive that far in Alaska! We left Kennady with Mica all day (thank you!) and I was a good mommy and only called to check on her once. She was a good baby and she seemed to have a good time. Mica's only complaint was that she eats so much (she is still eating about every hour and a half).

The week has been great, but we're ready for some sleep now. No more kids to get to seminary! Ok, well at least I might get a little more sleep, Ben has to work at 4 am! Yuck.

No comments: