Sunday, January 27, 2008

Extreme Alaska

This entry will be a lot of pictures and not so much text. But pictures are worth a thousand words, right? The above picture is a sunset. I take lots of pictures of the sunset, I know, but they are so spectacular here I can't help it! To the left is Ben in his scrubs. I don't think it's fair that he gets to wear his pajamas to work everyday, but right now I can wear my pajamas all day too. If you'll notice, Ben has a little fur on his face. He grew out his facial hair this week, because I wanted to see what it looked like. He shaved this morning. But at least I have the evidence. I think he looks hot, the scrubs and the facial hair. I think we should take a vote to see who all thinks he should let his facial hair stay. The picture on the right is a close up, just so everyone can get a good look. He told me I couldn't post the pictures because his mom would be disappointed. But isn't he cute? Ben has still been working a lot, and I am still looking for a job. I found some temporary work cleaning an apartment, so that will give us a little play money. Ben got Saturday off and we got to go have some fun. We went with the Munyers- Jacob, Berenice, Ammon, Abe and Zia- to Homer. It was a beautiful day. Homer is a very beautiful place to see. Huge mountains everywhere! If you can see the little piece of land in th e ocean, that is what they call the spit. It's where all the shops and fishing stuff is. We also got a chance to go into the high school, which has a giant whale skeleton hanging from the ceiling. It was pretty cool. I was thinking Branson needs a big dead animal hanging in their commons too, just to compete. One of the best things we did while we were there was extreme tubing! It was so fun. You can kinda tell from the picture just how steep it was, but I don't think it does it justice. Eventually I'll upload a video on here and you can enjoy the ride too.





This last picture was taken at 9:30 am. That's the moon. The sun is just starting to rise. It's dark here. Ok, now I'll give Ben a turn.
Hey! Here's a picture of our first Alaskan moose! We named her bessie. The picture above was taken from the top of an "extreme tubing" hill with lanes and a rope tow on the left. FUN!
The picture doesn't make it look as steep, you can get ripping down those things pretty fast! Kortney won most of the races down because I kept hitting the sides, and once you hit the first time, the next hit is sure to come. I won the last one though :-) About bessie: we were about 20 feet away, and she is a big beastie. She's actually small for her species, the fully grown "moosen" are big car totalers! That's all for now, we love you all!

1 comment:

rjs said...

Everyone can vote on Ben's facial hair, but Ben should only listen to Kortney's vote, and he should allow her to vote often and to change her mind each time. Congratualtions on the news of an expected baby!