Wednesday, January 22, 2014

4 Months

Yes, we are still alive. Three kids, one of whom only naps while being held, doesn't leave me much time for blogging, or anything else. But that kid had shots today and will most likely sleep for several hours. Is it wrong that I like when my kids get shots? That kid, also known as Noah, is 16.9 lbs and 25 inches long. He's super strong and very social. He's been kind of cranky for a week or so, and now we know why: 1: his reflux medicine dose needed to be upped because he's grown so much and 2: he is teething! Ahh! Seriously, teething, at 4 months. But it explains so much. He rolled over once, from his back to his tummy, but prefers to be immobile (yay!). He loves the jumperoo we are borrowing from Kristal, and it's the only way I get anything done, because it's the only place he will sit besides my arms (and he's heavy). We tried solid foods, but he still has quite a bit of tongue thrust, so it's going to be awhile before he gets a whole lot of nutrition from it, but he did love it. He still eats every 45 min- 3 hours (the longest he will go). It's pretty much exhausting. The dr said that is probably partly due to his reflux.

Kristal and Kevin had their baby, Samuel Craig Harmon, on January 10, a few weeks early. I still haven't had a chance to meet him, but he looks pretty cute in the pictures. That makes 3 nephews for me.

We moved Kennady and Korban into bunk beds, and it's been great. More space to play, and they love them. We bought Korban airplane shoes, so now we don't have to have a giant fight about putting shoes on every time we have to leave. We implemented a new dinner policy involving a timer and candy, so far it's been awesome. Everyone eats and it's not taking us over an hour.

I just checked the blog and realized that I haven't written since before Christmas. Uhg. Christmas was great. We just stayed home. We had Ben's siblings that were up for it come over Christmas Eve for a ham dinner. The kids got lots of toys. I got Ben a laptop backback. He got me a hoodie that I've been wanting.

Kennady and Korban are monkeys, but they are doing well. I've got pictures on the camera, I'll try to get them up soon.



No comments: