Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Easter, Conference and Other Goings On

Let's see, what have I missed. Well, first there was Easter. The Saturday before we tried to go to our church Easter egg hunt. It started at 9 am, which is earlier than we like to try to go places on Saturday. We made it there at 9 am, and they'd started a minute early. By the time the kids got over to the hunt every single egg was gone. Someone timed the hunt and said all of the eggs were found in 48 seconds. The hunt was for ages 1-12, and they didn't give any sort of limit to how many eggs the older kids could get. I was a little miffed, because we were told to bring one dozen eggs and one bag of candy per kid. Ben had the kids pick up trash around the church instead. Eventually the older kids gave back their eggs, because they only wanted the candy, and Kennady and Korban were delighted to pick a few eggs out of the box.

Since we were up and going early that day, I took the kids to get hair cuts. We chopped Kennady's hair off into a cute little bob. So much more manageable for the girl who hates having anything done to her hair. She was such a big girl and went all by herself. I had to hold Korban, who refused to wear the cape, and was less than happy. We both got covered in hair. We spent some time that day working on the yard and I ran some pre-Easter errands. It was so nice outside we took the kids to the park. Oh how we love nice weather and playing outside!

Sunday we had a nice Easter at church. I got one quick picture of the kids on the walk there. I meant to do more, but, yeah, that didn't happen. Kennady got to give a talk in Primary. She wanted me to stay and listen, since Ben was the one who had helped her with it. But she didn't want my help. When it was her turn, she walked right up there and delivered her memorized talk perfectly word for word. Then she smiled and waved at me and went back to her seat. That girl is pretty independent. After church we had the family come over for Easter dinner. Mmmm ham. We also hosted a small cousin Easter egg hunt. It went much better. I think in the future we'll stick to doing our own egg hunts. The kids had fun playing and the rest of us had fun eating and talking.

In the course of that week I finished two wedding invitations, Kristal and Kevin's and Dan and Heather's. It took more time than I was thinking, which is usually the case when it comes to me and design. The kids didn't really think it was so great. I actually enjoyed it for the most part, and I'm trying to drum up some more business to make a little extra money. Only I think for that I'll have to plan ahead and do the majority of my work after the kids are in bed, or during naptime. Then my house won't look like it was ransacked by vikings every day.

This weekend we got to enjoy General Conference. I always enjoy listening, even though I feel like I don't get to hear a lot with the kids running around. Oh, yeah, and something about having a full tummy, being cozy, and having nothing to do but listen to people talk makes me a little drowsy. I guess a lot of things do that to me these days. That's why I enjoy being able to go back and read them, because I'm clearly not an auditory learner. Sunday we went to Rob and Kristi's to watch, which was a little better, because the kids were entertained playing with their cousins (and Ben). They particularly liked the giant hamster ball. We also enjoyed our traditional cinnamon rolls.

Now we are waiting for the nice weather to return and trying to plan out the craziness that is this next month. Two weddings! Korban is having his adenoids removed tomorrow. I'm a little nervous, but mostly just hoping it will help the kid sleep better. Things are crazy and getting crazier for Ben at work, so we're trying to figure out how best to do the traveling without making it less than pleasant for all of us. Oh and we'll have our ultrasound to confirm that it's a boy!
Baby boy? 16 weeks

Giant hamster ball

Life inside the giant hamster ball
All ready for church. Aren't they adorable?

Easter outfits

No comments: