I told you my blog was getting neglected. I am definitely feeling better than I was before, but some days are still pretty miserable. 14 weeks. AND- that's a big AND- Ben just informed me that he holds in his hand a little envelope containing big news. The gender of our baby. Yep, that's right. Ben's work is working on a test to use maternal blood for fetal screening, and I got to be part of the test group. Can't wait for him to get home. If you're lucky, I might tell you.
If you're wondering if I was hoping for a boy or girl, well, I honestly don't care. I was thinking that a girl would be fun, because I could get back out some of Kennady's cute clothes. But then all Kennady has been recently is DRAMA, so another sweet cuddly boy would be pretty nice too. Kennady definitely has an opinion. She wants a baby sister. She's been calling the baby a girl the entire time. She's vowed to love a sister more than another brother. She said she doesn't need another brother. She promises to help with the baby and sit by it and give it toys- but only if it is a girl. She said if it's a boy she is going to cry. I guess we'll see if Kennady cries tonight.
Kennady has recently turned into a teenager wannabe. Apparently 4 year old girls have the emotional stability of hormone ridden teenager, who also happens to be pregnant. She is nuts. I mean, I'm a little nuts too, but she is way worse. She also suddenly has an opinion about which clothes she wears. "Mom, that is too much black. I don't like black. It doesn't need to match. I want to wear my snowboots."And the music that's playing in the car. "Mom, turn it up! I don't like that song. I want a different song. MOM, I said I wanted to listen to that song, don't change it!" Basically she's got me wondering if there are any preschool boarding schools out there.
Korban's sleep habits are, well, unfortunately not much changed. We do have good news. First, I finally found a pediatrician who I like. Second, on our first visit, she listened to Korban crying and immediately knew that something wasn't right. She looked at his tonsils and said they really aren't big, but then said that it was most likely his adenoids that were obstructing his breathing. So we went to an ENT. They looked at his tonsils and said they were actually small. They were then hesitant to even look at his adenoids, because it involves restraining a kid and sticking a scope up his nose. We insisted, and the ENT was surprised at how big his adenoids were. He also told us Korban has extremely tiny nasal passages. So we are removing his adenoids on April 11th. The nasal passages fix requires pretty major surgery, so that will be something we will have to wait and see on. Hopefully removing the adenoids restores his breathing enough that he can sleep a little better. The poor kid then got a nasty ear infection. Boo. We are so excited to get this taken care of in 2 weeks.
Recently I've been working on wedding invitations. Kristal and Kevin's and Dan and Heather's. Two weddings in one month! Also I've been acquiring dressers. I got fed up with the kids clothes always ending up all over the floor of their closets because they fall off the shelves. And Kennady got a new big girl bed. Poor Ben's been hauling a lot of furniture.
The bad thing about neglecting my blog? I can't remember half the stuff I was going to blog about. C'est la vie.
No comments:
Post a Comment