Friday, February 10, 2012

Making Up For Lost Blogs

You know all those pictures I've been promising. Well, here's some. Regrettably, I've been terrible at taking pictures in the last several months. Hopefully I'll get better, since Ben found the card reader and the card that will hold more than 10 pictures. And maybe my mom will actually send all those pictures from her camera :)

This is Korban being used as a science experiment by his dad. Ben is collecting his saliva for something or other. Korban was happy to drool on some paper. 
 This is Kennady with Ella, Mindy and Adam when we all went to the circus.
 This is Kennady all ready for her dance class. I didn't actually get pictures in the dance class. Oh well, she's cute enough by herself.
 This is a recent picture of my two monkeys. We've been spending a lot of days in our pjs, because we've all been sick, with the exception of Ben.

I can't believe how big Korban is getting. He's starting to let go of things and stand without holding onto anything. He's 8 1/2 months old, and just over 20 lbs. I have a feeling when he gets better we'll be seeing a growth spurt soon, because it doesn't seem like he's grown a lot lately because he keeps getting sick.

And this, well, this is a it-will-be-funny-later story. I'm sure you will think it's funny now. This is one of those Entertainment books, that you pay money for and it's full of coupons. It's about the size and made of the same paper as a small phone book. After an evening out helping the young women make marshmallow guns, I came home to find the children fast asleep in their beds. I went to rotate the laundry and noticed some little pieces of paper, "Hmm, wonder what got washed," I thought. As I proceeded to pull out more wet clothes, that I noticed were unusually wet, I noticed there was tons and tons of paper. I finally found a chunk large enough to identify what it was. I was mad. Ben suggested that waking Kennady up to yell at her wouldn't be very productive.

See, Kennady likes to help with everything. So I let her through dirty laundry in the washing machine. Sometimes while she is doing this, I'm gathering laundry from around the apartment. I guess while I was in another room, she was finding other things to throw in the wash. Like a coupon book, two different shoes and a couple of binkies, oh, and some laundry that was already clean. And our washing machine may never work the same again.

Overall, this week has not been fantastic. We did manage to get our car fixed, and it wasn't as bad as I was preparing for. The mechanic also found a screw in our tire when he noticed it was low. I took the car into Sam's club to fix the tire. Five minutes later they called me back. I figured either they were super fast, or it was bad news. Yep, we got to buy a new tire! Woohoo.

And the sickness. Boo. I'm glad it's Friday. I could use a weekend. Hopefully we'll all get feeling better and start getting more sleep.

No comments: