Hello again. And Happy Belated Valentine's Day.
My husband got me beautiful roses to celebrate the occasion. I got him a card. I did have other plans, but, well, life happened and those plans didn't. C'est la vie. I also cheated and decided to split the difference between his birthday and Valentine's Day. So Friday I planned a big celebration. Mindy was kind enough (and crazy enough) to watch the kids, both of them, overnight. I made steak and mashed potatoes. Then we went to a movie, in the theater. The movie wasn't so great. The company was. Then we came home and promptly fell asleep, while we were discussing how lame it would be to go to bed so early when we didn't have any kids for the night. We were not awoken by any child all night. Fabulous. And we slept in.
Mindy didn't get that great of sleep. You know those 3 or 4 times I've ecstatically mentioned Korban sleeping through the night on the blog? Well, those are the only times it has happened. Korban is officially the world's worst sleeper. He wakes up 4 or 5 times a night and maybe takes a 15 minute nap during the day (although we have been getting a 2 hour nap here or there). It is horrendous. People with newborns get better sleep than I do. He doesn't have to eat. Letting him eat is usually the fattest way to get him back to sleep. Ha, I meant fastest, but that works too. We've tried sleep training, but we keep getting interrupted by illness. Korban is the sweetest, happiest, rolly-polly baby by day. But at night we'd like to sell him to the circus. Surely he will out grow this? I hope soon. Oh, and the boy crawls in his sleep, like full on crawling with his eyes closed, in his sleep. Apparently 9 months old should sleep between 12-15 hours a day/night. Korban, well, if we're lucky he gets 12, barely.
Anyways, let's just sum it up and let me apologize in advance for any grumpiness I may bestow upon you.
We've enjoyed our three day weekend. Although it wasn't nearly as productive or fun as we were hoping. See: having two kids. Ben was amazed Monday when he wanted to go do some things, and it was 3 p.m. and we still had two kids in pjs. Yeah. It was 4 by the time we got in the car, and well, by the time we got finished with our errands, it was bedtime.
Kennady continues to be a crazy monkey-like child. Last night at Home Depot (which she claims is her favorite store ever), she showed us how to use the board carts as monkey bars. Then we got home and said it was time for ice cream. She said she would rather have cereal. Peanut Butter Toast Crunch. So that's what she got. And then she was jealous of our toppings. She asked for caramel. I told her that would be yucky. So she asked for chocolate. I thought, "Why not?" Ben said no. "That would be too much sugar." (as opposed to putting it on top of ice cream?) Kennady looked him in the eye and said, "I can handle it." She still didn't get chocolate topping on top of her cereal. Then she proceeded to tell us this really long story about the bad guy with the green face. Ben tried to use that as a reason she shouldn't run away from us at the store, because as long as she with daddy she is safe. Kennady says, "Yeah, the green face bad guy is afraid of daddies with big ears."
She has also turned into the biggest fit-throwing 3 year old ever. But she sleeps like a champ at night. You win some, you lose some, I guess. I cant wait for 4. I hear it's better. It had better be better. Going anywhere with her is pretty much impossible, especially if you factor in Korban. Although he's an angel, it's not like I can just abandon him the cart while I chase Kennady around the store, tackle her, and sling her over my shoulder like a sack of potatoes (a kicking, screaming bag of potatoes). Also, when given her choice for dinner (every time we make a grocery list, everyone gets to pick 3 meals), she promptly replied "Steak!" I started laughing, and she got very upset. She really wants steak, and who am I to argue with that?
So for a sleep-deprived mother on the edge of a nervous breakdown with a three year old who constantly is having a nervous breakdown, I'm doing pretty good. You know the phrase, "Enjoy the journey?" or "carpe diem," well, this is how I feel. Maybe you can relate. Unless you no longer have children at home, then you've probably forgotten, like how some of us seem to forget how wonderfully miserable it is to be pregnant.
Oh, and pictures are coming, of what, I'm not entirely sure, but I'm sure Kennady and Korban will be there.
1 comment:
I sure love you! I find joy and entertainment in watching you live the life that I lived years ago with my 3 crazy monkey children! You are sure a good mother.
Post a Comment