Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Three Day Weekend

I am getting so far behind on this blog. The kids seem pretty determined to not let me get much done. Korban is still being a terrible sleeper. We did have several nights of respite after I bought an oversized swaddling blanket (which is pink and looks like a straight jacket). But the last two nights have been awful again. Gotta love teething. Korban is a crazy boy. He's pulling himself up on all the furniture and cruising around. He also is trying new tricks, like letting go with one hand, or sometimes both. Pretty sure he's going to be an early walker. He loves to pull things off shelves and out of boxes.

Kennady is still crazy, too. One day she insisted that Korban was no longer Korban, and his name was Molly. The other day she decided that she had servants, invisible ones. She likes to pretend she is going to school. If we tell her no (like no, you can't have a cookie), she says, "Of course I can." She is constantly getting in trouble for hurting her little brother, although we've recently discovered that Korban likes to cry wolf a lot. That boy's no dummy. Neither is Kennady. Her new found favorite is singing the Phineas and Ferb theme song. She also likes to count to 15, because hide-n-seek is her new favorite game. Or sing one of three versions of the alphabet song she knows by heart.

My dilemma today is that Kennady needs something a little more challenging. I'm pretty sure she is bored. I'd love to get her in a good preschool a couple mornings a week, because I know she would love it. I don't know how challenging it would be though, because she has one of those fantastic October birthdays and misses the cutoff for school, so she would be one of the oldest in her class. Plus, preschool is pretty darn expensive. I'd really love to start up my own preschool group, but we just don't have the space for it in our small apartment. And my second kid never naps, which makes it hard to have instructional time with Kennady. Not to mention that she hates to listen to her mother. Suggestions?

In other news, we really enjoyed this weekend. Friday night Kristal came up and watched the kids for us, and we went out! Like a real date. We went to The Leonardo, a new museum downtown. It was a kind of science/art/technology/history museum. We enjoyed it. I decided I want to set up a stop-animation studio in my house, because it could entertain me forever. We also got dinner at Costa Vida and dessert at the Sugar Plum Fairy. Yummm.

Saturday we did some sleeping and some cleaning, and then we headed down to Rob and Kristi's. Ben and Rob worked on the car. Kristi and I had lots of fun trying to keep up with Kennady and Russell. They had a lot of fun with oatmeal.....all over the place. We are both so glad they are cousins and not siblings, because they are trouble together. We ordered pizza for dinner, put the kids to bed and watched Thor, and stayed up way too late.

Sunday we tried to adjust to 9 am church again. It was nice to get home earlier and be able to take naps. Kennady loved Primary.

Monday Ben let me sleep in way too late. Then we did some cleaning. I went to the grocery store. Dan, Kristal and Wendy stopped by for dinner. I love Mondays that Ben doesn't have to go to work.

Today we are back to the usual. With no exciting plans anywhere in the near future. We are finally seeing snow around here, so maybe we'll go sledding sometime.

No comments: